Impressed with our fouling when up three | Syracusefan.com

Impressed with our fouling when up three

RandygoCuse

All Conference
Not sure if this was discussed yet, but we did a good job fouling before MSU got any shots off. I'm always nervous with college kids that they'll wait a second too long and let the guy get into a shooting motion. We executed perfectly. I was surprised Izzo had his guy make the second shot. I figured with their rebounding advantage they'd take their chances on a miss.

I'm not a fan of this strategy. I can't argue against it, because it works and did work but i'd rather have the worst case scenario be OT, than having to share in the pressure by needing to make FT's.. then if you don't, run the risk of losing.

Not sure if this was discussed yet, but we did a good job fouling before MSU got any shots off. I'm always nervous with college kids that they'll wait a second too long and let the guy get into a shooting motion. We executed perfectly. I was surprised Izzo had his guy make the second shot. I figured with their rebounding advantage they'd take their chances on a miss.

This has been JB’s MO for years. I feel like it’s only come back to bite us once or twice in the decade+ that he’s been doing this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom