Improving Throughout the Course of the Season... | Syracusefan.com

Improving Throughout the Course of the Season...

newmexicuse

All Conference
I understand Marsh's fine post below on what we do have.

However, I think a big reason for our NCAA under-performances over the years has been that in general our teams have not improved during the course of the season. Yes, there have been many exceptions, most notably the title team that just kept getting better & better, and the team from two years ago (pre-Arinze injury).

I look at this team, and I see a very strong team that peaked early, and so, far has not improved since the early going. In fact, in some respects it is a team that has regressed, but has still been good enough to keep winning. That will not and cannot continue. Either this team will reverse course and start to improve it's play or it will be headed for a tourney exit short of the FF. The deeper you go into the Dance the hotter the opponents will be. A team that is not getting better in March will sooner or later drop a game.

If you look at our individual players throughout the course of this season, only Scoop and CJ have improved. I love Scoop's recent play. He has really risen to the occaision, but does anybody here believe we can get through six games in a tournament wo at least one appearance from bad Scoop ??? And if Bad Scoop comes out of hiding we are not getting good enough play from the other guards to get by right now.

There is plenty of room for improvement from guys like Dion, Brandon, & James. Nobody is asking for superstardom (well, maybe a little of that from Dion), only that these players perfom consistantly and as they did earlier in the year.

I pesonally think that with Dion and Brandon underperforming (especially Brandon) that Jimmy is making a big mistake by not getting MCW more minutes. He is our PG of next seaosn. He is good enough to help us right now IMHO, especially with two of our other guards not playing up to their potential.

Kris, Melo, and BMK have been pretty steady throughout the course of the season. It would be nice if they improved, but they are not the problem. Melo has really improved in the area of committing fewer fouls and being able to stay on the court at least. That has helped.

So, in summation, I do not agree with Marsh and others who think all is well simply because there is only one L in the loss column. I am going by what I am seeing on the court, and what I am seeing is a team that struggles with shooting and rebounding & is just managing to get by. It is also a team that has pieces to play better than what it has shown recently.

Status quo is not an option if you want to think FF and possible NC. Improvement is mandetory, and it has not been happened recently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom