In a way, White and Anae leaving is a good sign | Syracusefan.com

In a way, White and Anae leaving is a good sign

LeMoyneCuse

All American
Don't get me wrong, it sucks they've both taken jobs elsewhere.

But it's also a signal that Syracuse is willing to pay market rate for desirable coaches. The fact that White especially has left for a likely higher salary is an indication that Syracuse is no longer repurposing MAC coordinators because they can't afford to pay anyone else.

Don't get me wrong, it sucks they've both taken jobs elsewhere.

But it's also a signal that Syracuse is willing to pay market rate for desirable coaches. The fact that White especially has left for a likely higher salary is an indication that Syracuse is no longer repurposing MAC coordinators because they can't afford to pay anyone else.
Just wish we made a play to promote white to associate head coach in waiting to give him the pay bump.

can-other-cruise-ships-sink-like-the-costa-concordia-did-in-2012.jpg

Also, coordinators move on. Even from big schools. Stinks but it happens. Young up and coming guys know they will be able to advance their careers at Cuse. That’s good.
Yup. most important thing is continuity at the top. The head dog still matters. I do believe in having a longer leash with our HCs than most do. And we've proven that, even if / when we move on from Dino. There's something to be said for that.

Also, coordinators move on. Even from big schools. Stinks but it happens. Young up and coming guys know they will be able to advance their careers at Cuse. That’s good.
Anae not so young. The problem is that we have one bright year out of the last 4, and our up and coming guy moves on. Have to expect that, and then bring in young guys who can recruit in regions that produce D1 talent.

Yes, the DC replacement will tell a lot. Doesn't need to be any specific style though - just needs to work.
What’s most depressing to me is following the logic of the White move. It’s not a promotion - if he was going somewhere to take a HC spot, fine. It’s a lateral move for more money. The implicit message to everyone else on the team is “chase the $” and with NIL and transfer loosening up, how is that not guidance to bail on your team and go to the highest bidder?

Always been a concern but now the players are free to do the same thing that folks have been complaining about coaches doing for years.

Other than Dino, is/was everyone on the staff signed to one-year contracts?

It’s a lateral move for more money. The implicit message to everyone else on the team is “chase the $” and with NIL and transfer loosening up, how is that not guidance to bail on your team and go to the highest bidder?

Always been a concern but now the players are free to do the same thing that folks have been complaining about coaches doing for years.
White was promoted to DC at ASU and Cuse poached him like a month later.

It's always been like this, we're just not used to it as Syracuse fans.

White was promoted to DC at ASU and Cuse poached him like a month later.

It's always been like this, we're just not used to it as Syracuse fans.
Thought he was the dc and was being pushed out for Pierce. Edward’s wanted to run a 4-3. As this was happening DB came in and offered.

Look, all these "great coordinators" and even coaches started somewhere small. It's Cuse's job to go find the next up and comer and poach him. Will they leave us someday? Yes. But unless you are Bama and a handful of others, it will happen.

What’s most depressing to me is following the logic of the White move. It’s not a promotion - if he was going somewhere to take a HC spot, fine. It’s a lateral move for more money. The implicit message to everyone else on the team is “chase the $” and with NIL and transfer loosening up, how is that not guidance to bail on your team and go to the highest bidder?

You’re not seeing many non-Clemson coordinators in the ACC getting P5 head coaching gigs. White could not want to go down to G5 to get a HC job due to financial reasons. Going to Nebraska and having success means more money and greater opportunity to get a low-level P5 job in a few years.

Thought he was the dc and was being pushed out for Pierce. Edward’s wanted to run a 4-3. As this was happening DB came in and offered.
That's what happened. I think people seem to misremember that he was being pushed to leave not that he was poached by Dino.

That's what happened. I think people seem to misremember that he was being pushed to leave not that he was poached by Dino.
I have no recollection of any of this, and it doesn't make sense. Why would White be named the DC on December 19 and be pushed out 6 weeks later?

I have no recollection of any of this, and it doesn't make sense. Why would White be named the DC on December 19 and be pushed out 6 weeks later?
Herm wasn't comfortable with the 3-3-5 and Pierce won out (Pierce held a lot of power on that team and it's why he took all the heat for the NCAA accusations). He also brought in Marvin Lewis to help out from what I remember. I'll try to find an article.

I laughed out loud when I read the title. White leaving is bad, regardless how you square it. Anae is a different story. We got Beck as a replacement, which is what I suspected was going to happen when both of them were hired. I suspect the younger, more energetic, up and coming coach will resonate with recruits better. Just a gut feeling.

Monroe has been coaching the 3-3-5 for the last three years.

My heart says give Monroe a shot. My head says we need someone more established. 2 first year coordinators (though Beck 100% is the right choice) seems like too big of a risk.

Herm wasn't comfortable with the 3-3-5 and Pierce won out (Pierce held a lot of power on that team and it's why he took all the heat for the NCAA accusations). He also brought in Marvin Lewis to help out from what I remember. I'll try to find an article.
That does sound Herm Edwards-level crazy.

White leaving is bad, regardless how you square it.
It’s not great, but it was inevitable. But it’s also an indication that Syracuse can afford to hire someone else up and coming and that’s all that really matters now that White is gone.