In a way, White and Anae leaving is a good sign | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

In a way, White and Anae leaving is a good sign

That does sound Herm Edwards-level crazy.
There's a few posts discussing it in this old thread.
or8ngehi, sutomcat, orangepassion

White was promoted in December from defensive backs coach to the position after former Danny Gonzales left to be the head coach at New Mexico. At that same time, linebackers coach and recruiting coordinator Antonio Pierce was named associate head coach.

Pierce along with advisor Marvin Lewis were announced to be the new co-defensive coordinators for Arizona State. It’s been known that Pierce has had a bit of a tougher time adapting to the 3-3-5 system, and with Lewis having a background away from that scheme, there’s a good assumption the Sun Devils will use less of it moving forward.

My heart says give Monroe a shot. My head says we need someone more established. 2 first year coordinators (though Beck 100% is the right choice) seems like too big of a risk.

I would tend to agree with this but on the flip side hiring a coordinator you think will do well but falls on their face is always just as possible. My gut is, hire who you think can get it done regardless of experience. Talent outweighs experience IMO

There's a few posts discussing it in this old thread.
or8ngehi, sutomcat, orangepassion

White was promoted in December from defensive backs coach to the position after former Danny Gonzales left to be the head coach at New Mexico. At that same time, linebackers coach and recruiting coordinator Antonio Pierce was named associate head coach.

Pierce along with advisor Marvin Lewis were announced to be the new co-defensive coordinators for Arizona State. It’s been known that Pierce has had a bit of a tougher time adapting to the 3-3-5 system, and with Lewis having a background away from that scheme, there’s a good assumption the Sun Devils will use less of it moving forward.
Huh. I learned something today. What a disaster Herm was.

Just wish we made a play to promote white to associate head coach in waiting to give him the pay bump.
Maybe they did try to counter? I'm guessing even with Associate Coach title Big Ten money still wins out
We don't have a Clemson budget

My heart says give Monroe a shot. My head says we need someone more established. 2 first year coordinators (though Beck 100% is the right choice) seems like too big of a risk.

Monroe’s shot is now. We have a bowl game in less than three weeks. During that time Monroe will be coordinating the defenses practices, developing and implementing a game plan for Minnesota, coaching his position group (safeties and rovers), making sure the LB’s are coached by a GA, continuing to recruit (HS and portal guys) and on the 29th he will get to call the defenses.

Let’s see how he does. Unless he doesn’t want the job.

I'm good with Back and Monroe in charge. Let's get 2 quality assistants and get this train back on the tracks at top speed.

Bama just lost a coordinator to Colorada. Your point is valid.
Yes, the difference is that Bama has its choice of top coaches to replace the one that leaves. We don’. We could use some stability to build our brand!

Stability is the head coach doing his job well. Coordinators, assistants, players come and go.
Some do and some don’! Yes, but like any job we so often need to grow into the job we take on. We fail when we stop growing. Has HCDB made mistakes; yes. Have any of us taken on a job and not made mistakes? If we grow through our mistakes then we ultimately flourish.
We are in a highly competitive league where many of our competitors are large land grant universities with loads of donor money to through at football.

It’s tough for us and does that mean we need to give up football; not in my book.
We need to figure out our path to success in the ACC!

That will take a total university effort!

Does anyone know how many practices our players have left before our bowl game?

Monroe has been coaching the 3-3-5 for the last three years.
After working with White the last three years Monroe has learned the 3-3-5 and if he wants to step up to DC he deserves the opportunity ..... he might be gone if he doesn't get it. Clemson lost their AC/DC last year and promoted from staff and did well.

Last edited:
After working with White the last three years Monroe has learned the 3-3-5 and if he wants to step up to DC he deserves the opportunity ... he might be gone if he doesn't get it. Clemson lost their AC/DC last year and promoted from staff and did well.

Hells Bells!! ;)

Thought he was the dc and was being pushed out for Pierce. Edward’s wanted to run a 4-3. As this was happening DB came in and offered.
Nope. Exactly what is written here.