In baseball | Syracusefan.com

In baseball

sabach

All American
when a no hitter is broken up late in the game, the fans stand and clap for the pitcher for the effort. This loss stings but excuse me if I take a few minutes to stand and clap for these boys and the run this has been. Now onto Duke.

when a no hitter is broken up late in the game, the fans stand and clap for the pitcher for the effort. This loss stings but excuse me if I take a few minutes to stand and clap for these boys and the run this has been. Now onto Duke.
Wow, good on you to capture the right ethos. And if memory serves, you're rearing eight young ones, right? I hope you're local to CNY, because their Dad has a great, Orange head on his shoulders (that said, I love the idea of your wife throwing eggs into the sink right now).

One of those posts that I want to "like" a hundred times. A great run, and so quickly people forget. In sports, some only believe that a team or player is only as good as their last performance. I disagree.

Wow, good on you to capture the right ethos. And if memory serves, you're rearing eight young ones, right? I hope you're local to CNY, because their Dad has a great, Orange head on his shoulders (that said, I love the idea of your wife throwing eggs into the sink right now).
Yup. Six daughters and two sons who are all proud members of the Cuse Kids Club which remains the greatest family deal in CNY.

Yup. Six daughters and two sons who are all proud members of the Cuse Kids Club which remains the greatest family deal in CNY.
I work for a guy who writes for a living, and does it very well -- am rarely awed by such a new way to think of things, but yours fits the bill. We're all disappointed, but that does't mean we can't be thankful and hopeful. When you're daughters get ready to date, send them to the chat room and we'll put 'em through hell.

As disappointed as I am, I made certain to applaud the team on the way to the locker room. It was great to see the fans by the locker room clap and give the players five on their way out.

This post rules.

To continue the baseball analogy, the hoop team went 80 percent of the way through the schedule as perfect, which is the baseball equivalent of taking a perfect game two outs into the seventh inning. As has been said, that doesn't happen very often and draws a prolonged standing ovation whenever it does. This team's long run certainly is worthy of same.

Then again, getting a hit 30 percent of the time in baseball also draws big applause but our shooting percentage at or around 30 percent is cringe worthy.

Great minds think alike:

Matt Park‏@MattPark19 mins
Think of a no-hitter (with a couple diving catches) broken in the 8th (by a .190 hitter). Stand & applaud. Now let's settle in for the rest.

Great minds think alike:

Matt Park‏@MattPark19 mins
Think of a no-hitter (with a couple diving catches) broken in the 8th (by a .190 hitter). Stand & applaud. Now let's settle in for the rest.
Nice. I'll take the one hit shutout as long as it gets us Buffalo and MSG.

But, but...the pitcher still gets the 'W' right? :) Nice post!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom