In DC and kinda disappointed | Syracusefan.com

In DC and kinda disappointed

stuckinbig11

All American
We are visiting our daughter in DC. We took a walk to the Eastern Market this morning, with me wearing a blue SYRACUSE sweatshirt that also has Otto on the front. Some folks stopped to pet my daughter's golden retriever; then the dad said (jokingly), "We can't pet that dog, look at the shirt he is wearing." We exchanged pleasantries and moved on. Other than that, not a single Orange fan nor any more Gtown fans -- not as much fun as I was hoping for.

That's because the Georgetown fans are either busy licking their prideful wounds or if they are out and about they are wearing ANYTHING BUT Georgetown gear. Meanwhile, Syracuse fans are nursing sizeable hangovers and recharging their batteries for what will be the completion of the march to the Big East last Tournament Championship Trophy.

We are visiting our daughter in DC. We took a walk to the Eastern Market this morning, with me wearing a blue SYRACUSE sweatshirt that also has Otto on the front. Some folks stopped to pet my daughter's golden retriever; then the dad said (jokingly), "We can't pet that dog, look at the shirt he is wearing." We exchanged pleasantries and moved on. Other than that, not a single Orange fan nor any more Gtown fans -- not as much fun as I was hoping for.

Problem was that you expected that Georgetown has actual fans.

We had Gtown fans who flatly said they would not sell their tickets for tonight to SU fans. Kind of respect that.

Ha that's funny, I live a block away from there. Didn't make it out today since I was nursing the aforementioned hangover.

The Eastern Market is the wrong place to encounter Georgetown fans. Capitol Hill, where the Eastern Market, is heavily populated by government and political types who are more likely to come from Wisconsin or Ohio or California. So while you think you are in the "real" DC, you are actually in the foreign quarter with almost everybody from somewhere else.

GU doesn't have many fans. M Street in Georgetown would be a good place to start to find a few. The alums would live in NW DC and in the southern part of Montgomery County, MD (Chevy Chase, Bethesda, Potomac, etc).

There's some GU support in areas like NE DC and in PG County, MD tracing back to the days in which JT Jr had a team that captured the attention and hearts of some of the AA's in this area.

Saw two of em in Old Town Alexandria today...I wanted to jump out of my car and laugh at em.

Will see more tonight, tehy know the score :)