In Future Opponent News | Syracusefan.com

In Future Opponent News

UConn scrimmaged Providence last night and got throttled.

PC looks like the class of New England this year...

UConn's 90-76 Loss To Providence Filled With Teachable Moments For Young Huskies

"'I can’t remember the last time in October you were able to play a team coming off a tournament run,' said Christian Vital, who scored 17, making six 3-pointers in 14 attempts."

Yikes, according to the article, Vital for UConn somehow only scored 17 points despite 6 made three-pointers.

As a side note, I wonder why we don't schedule more competitive exhibition games anymore? Over recent years we have scheduled more and more of the cupcake variety. I would think playing the Carlton's of the world would be more productive to see what you have while ensuring a more competitive and challenging game. Its hard to believe these 80-45 wins, with the games being over 5 min the second half, are as productive as a tougher fought contest.

The quality of pre-season games is often dictated by the team you have.

How could you think a Very young team like we have would profit from games where they got their butts kicked every time they hit the court?

How could you think a Very young team like we have would profit from games where they got their butts kicked every time they hit the court?
esp. when we have KU staring us in the face in a few weeks

Not sure if this is in response to my post above, but who do you feel would kick our butts in these exhibitions? Teams of Carlton's standard shouldn't be crushing us, and I for the record don't think playing the Kentucky's of the world would be a good idea either. Idk, I think competition and a little pressure in a game that does not count can help prepare you for the riggers of an upcoming season more than a scrimmage against the SW Connecticut St's of the world especially when we use to play the Carlton's of the world (which I think helped us immensely that season). Just a thought I had while reading this thread.

Not sure if this is in response to my post above, but who do you feel would kick our butts in these exhibitions? Teams of Carlton's standard shouldn't be crushing us, and I for the record don't think playing the Kentucky's of the world would be a good idea either. Idk, I think competition and a little pressure in a game that does not count can help prepare you for the riggers of an upcoming season more than a scrimmage against the SW Connecticut St's of the world especially when we use to play the Carlton's of the world (which I think helped us immensely that season). Just a thought I had while reading this thread.
Our pre-season schedule is fine for this team that is learning a new system as well as learning to play together. How well that works will be illuminated by Kansas.

shame.jpg

Our pre-season schedule is fine for this team that is learning a new system as well as learning to play together. How well that works will be illuminated by Kansas.

We may know how it works well before Kansas.