In Other News, UConn and UC Might End Up with the Catholics | Syracusefan.com

In Other News, UConn and UC Might End Up with the Catholics

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
in all sports except football and play football in the MWC. Or maybe CUSA or the MAC.

Do you destroy your basketball program or your football program? Tough call.

Linkage

Just hover in limbo until an AQ takes a chance on you. The MWC is going to be pretty good especially if SDS decides to not join the big east.

Keep your basketball programs strong and intact. Play football in the minors and hope you get called up to the bigs.

What a complete mess!! And people are nervous about us joining the ACC?? I am sooooo glad that SU is leaving the dumpster fire known as the BE and joining the ACC.

Just hover in limbo until an AQ takes a chance on you. The MWC is going to be pretty good especially if SDS decides to not join the big east.
Recent media reports indicate that the BE meeting over the weekend determined that SD State was staying out West and would not be joining the Big East.

That decision apparently sealed the deal for UConn and UC; they don't want to be in the football league formerly known as the Big East anymore.

Right now it looks like after all the dust settles (if it ever settles), the only school in the Big East that really was a Big East school will probably be USF (it wasn't really a BE school either but what the heck), unless you count Temple, who flitted in and out a couple of times.

Wow, poor Temple should have never left the MAC but that of course is with hindsight.

I just don't understand why the Big 12 does not go after USF and hit the SEC and ACC where they live. I admit they aren't FSU/Miami or Florida but they'd be a decent pickup and add a heck of a recruiting state.

Wow, poor Temple should have never left the MAC but that of course is with hindsight.

I just don't understand why the Big 12 does not go after USF and hit the SEC and ACC where they live. I admit they aren't FSU/Miami or Florida but they'd be a decent pickup and add a heck of a recruiting state.

I wouldn't mind the ACC adding USF (I know that it will never happen), as it would give me another school to visit when Syracuse plays them...

Recent media reports indicate that the BE meeting over the weekend determined that SD State was staying out West and would not be joining the Big East.

That decision apparently sealed the deal for UConn and UC; they don't want to be in the football league formerly known as the Big East anymore.

Right now it looks like after all the dust settles (if it ever settles), the only school in the Big East that really was a Big East school will probably be USF (it wasn't really a BE school either but what the heck), unless you count Temple, who flitted in and out a couple of times.
The Dispensation League, Get your New band Uni yet T.C.?

I wouldn't mind the ACC adding USF (I know that it will never happen), as it would give me another school to visit when Syracuse plays them...

That would work for a lot of people in Florida as Orange fans but I wouldn't want a conference that has 4 North Carolina schools and 3 Florida. Traveling wise it would be nice for those down there but TV/$ wise I don't think it's a good move. Of course if FSU or Miami leave (don't think they will) then you'll get your wish but still just 2 Florida schools to visit.

That would work for a lot of people in Florida as Orange fans but I wouldn't want a conference that has 4 North Carolina schools and 3 Florida. Traveling wise it would be nice for those down there but TV/$ wise I don't think it's a good move. Of course if FSU or Miami leave (don't think they will) then you'll get your wish but still just 2 Florida schools to visit.

Like I said, would never happen...just for selfish reasons I would not mind if it happened. I am happy with SU in the ACC now...I have 5 schools within less than 10 hrs (FSU, GT, Clemson, Louisville, Miami) driving distance now...whereas in the BE it was only 2 (USF, Louisville)...

Like I said, would never happen...just for selfish reasons I would not mind if it happened. I am happy with SU in the ACC now...I have 5 schools within less than 10 hrs (FSU, GT, Clemson, Louisville, Miami) driving distance now...whereas in the BE it was only 2 (USF, Louisville)...

That's a nice turnaround for you and the north carolina schools is better than rutty or uconn as well.