In praise of Southerland... | Syracusefan.com

In praise of Southerland...

bpo57

Living Legend
I know that I've been one of many critical of JS but I have to give him a lot of credit. We all know he's amazing when he gets on a roll from 3 like he did today. But what got my attention was his activity. He was all over the place (particularly in the 1H) hustling, rebounding, getting his hands on loose balls. He was so much more active than is usually the case. I'd love to see that on a more consistent basis.

I know that I've been one of many critical of JS but I have to give him a lot of credit. We all know he's amazing when he gets on a roll from 3 like he did today. But what got my attention was his activity. He was all over the place (particularly in the 1H) hustling, rebounding, getting his hands on loose balls. He was so much more active than is usually the case. I'd love to see that on a more consistent basis.

This was the first time since his suspension that I didn't feel he was a liability on defense. Far from it, he was playing with a purpose out there.

I think we should be praising both of our seniors after these first two games. They haven't both been perfect, but they have been SO MUCH better than in recent games it's absurd. Those two have been the difference in both of these two games, without question.

I agree with you about James's activity. He is moving well off the ball, and his footwork is really good right now. It helps that we're getting him better looks through our design and MCW's direction of the offense. It helps even more that he is making those shots. At the moment, it seems like he sees the hoop as if it is the size of the ocean.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom