Including the elite 8, this has been one of the best played... | Syracusefan.com

Including the elite 8, this has been one of the best played...

RF2044

Living Legend
...NCAA tournaments I've seen, in terms of competition as the field whittles down.

I have zero skin in the game with any of the teams, so I'm not saying that from the perspective of having a rooting interest -- just purely based upon how closely matched the teams seem to be, and how well played / exciting the games have been.

Agreed. That's one of the benefits of having few upsets the opening weekend (which some people found boring). That means you are getting teams that have been good all year in the 2nd and 3rd weekends and not just teams that found a recent stroke of good fortune.

Agreed. That's one of the benefits of having few upsets the opening weekend (which some people found boring). That means you are getting teams that have been good all year in the 2nd and 3rd weekends and not just teams that found a recent stroke of good fortune.

Absolutely. Those major upsets in the early rounds create next round games that are mis-matches and blowouts.

Cinderella's dress transforms to rags, usually (Although a few have maintained the magic through multiple rounds (George Mason, Fla Gulf Coast, Loyola - Chicago)

The last 6 games of the tournament have all been very exciting endings... I beleive there was also some good drama on Sweet 16 Friday.

But before that the games were not all that competitive in general. Speaks to the strength of the teams that made the elite 8.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom