incompetent | Syracusefan.com

incompetent

orangenauburn

2023 Cali Award Average Attendance
When is it official to call our football operations incompetent?
When is it ok to call out those involved incompetent?
Who is to blame?
How can it be fixed?

You can defend and defend and defend until you are blue in the face ... but the reality is the operations aspect at the university athletic department in regards to the football program is a mess. They have hired a half dozen directors and associate directors in recent years, and the product for the fans and community continually comes up short.

I personally hope that someday something clicks up there and they take the appropriate steps to correct the issues addressed on this site repeatedly. The spring game was a micro-cosm of all that is going on with the football program at this time.

Can they do it? Yes ... but they are going to need to make personnel changes and unfortunately I do not see Daryl Gross doing it.

It is pretty hard to defend starting the game earlier than announced.

I'm tired of the football program being called a product. Dehumanizes the players and makes them sound like an object.

Gross needs to hire a FOOTBALL CZAR to just oversee the football program.

It is clear Gross can't do it and Doug is in way over his head. They need 1 guy to just oversee football and tie everything together. Fix all of the little things they do wrong. It can't be a "YES MAN" for either Doug or Gross, so the hire must come from the outside. No ex-cuse players or alums as well. Someone who can knock heads, only has to focus on football, and can clean up the mess that has become SU football. Not with hiring and firings, just with setting up events, making them run well. Making sure the fans aren't being pissed on like they have been with all this petty nonsense. Making sure nothing is being lost in translation between the program and the community

One would think that there'd already be at least one person at SUAthletics who could handle something so simple as starting a game on time, or even a few minutes late, but not early.

One would be wrong. The mind boggles...

It boggles the mind how program with the issues we have would screw up something that you would think we would want to ensure goes well. Its one thing to do what you want when your Alabama or even WVU but when you have one bowl game the past decade fans are going to be looking at everything, this program has serious issues right now.

It is clear Gross can't do it and Doug is in way over his head. They need 1 guy to just oversee football and tie everything together. Fix all of the little things they do wrong. It can't be a "YES MAN" for either Doug or Gross, so the hire must come from the outside. No ex-cuse players or alums as well. Someone who can knock heads, only has to focus on football, and can clean up the mess that has become SU football. Not with hiring and firings, just with setting up events, making them run well. Making sure the fans aren't being pissed on like they have been with all this petty nonsense. Making sure nothing is being lost in translation between the program and the community
The spring game means nothing. Those of you who go (bless you) to this meaningless, banality will buy tickets anyway. The folks who aren't diehard football fans (like you guys) are never gonna go or care about the spring game.
Personally I don't get it, but I defend your right to go and bitch and envy your enthusiasm.
I think the should get rid of spring ball altogether and let these guys be regular students half the year.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

He treats objects like players, man.

I know, bad reference but its what popped into my head.

whatever has popped, it just exploded...lol

as for jeremy...winning will bring people to the games more than everything else. i'm not a real big fan of "glitz and glamour" type issues so i guess the serious issues is of personal matters when one views the program.

The spring game means nothing. Those of you who go (bless you) to this meaningless, banality will buy tickets anyway. The folks who aren't diehard football fans (like you guys) are never gonna go or care about the spring game.
Personally I don't get it, but I defend your right to go and bitch and envy your enthusiasm.
I think the should get rid of spring ball altogether and let these guys be regular students half the year.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

i can vouch for jeremy being a hard core syracuse football fan as i see him at the tailgates,but we have to cut him some slack here as he is currently suffereing from hemorhodial issues, and the stadium does not provide cushioned seats for the spring game.:rolling:

whatever has popped, it just exploded...lol

as for jeremy...winning will bring people to the games more than everything else. i'm not a real big fan of "glitz and glamour" type issues so i guess the serious issues is of personal matters when one views the program.

Winning will cure a lot, but as I stated a few weeks ago for those who arent diehards the program has fallen off a cliff in there mind its going to take some wins at home to finally get the upper 40's in the door.

i can vouch for jeremy being a hard core syracuse football fan as i see him at the tailgates,but we have to cut him some slack here as he is currently suffereing from hemorhodial issues, and the stadium does not provide cushioned seats for the spring game.:rolling:

Really sorry I couldnt make the game yesterday (not sorry I missed the las game, ugh) had an emergency pop that had me up all night until 830 in the morning. We will put something together over the summer when Mark is in town.

Not disagreeing with you, but don't we already have a Director of Football Operations?

Everything is meaningless...ha! I love this type of backwards logic. Nothing matters. It's ok to advertise an event for noon, start it early and piss off the fans who actually showed up at noon to watch. Hey you showed up on time and missed part of it, oh well. Tough luck for you! Meaningless you say...yep.

And lets just drop out of Div IA football while we are at it too :rolleyes: Because walking and chewing gum at the same time is too difficult I guess. I guess being a student and having spring football practice for a few weeks is too difficult. You got to be kidding me!

Not disagreeing with you, but don't we already have a Director of Football Operations?
yeah and he is doing a poor job and failing at his job.

This is what it is like for SU football right now I am expecting Marrone to insert McNabb, Freeney, and Harrison for Bird, McHale, Parrish.

Really sorry I couldnt make the game yesterday (not sorry I missed the las game, ugh) had an emergency pop that had me up all night until 830 in the morning. We will put something together over the summer when Mark is in town.

how's he doing?

The "associate directors" you bitch about are very important in gaining funding for our program. So maybe you should quit whining about them.

Would love someone with pull get an explanation regarding early start.

I always show up early for stuff so the early start was a welcome thing for me. I do see how people are annoyed about it but it was easy to get into and picking a seat so if you show up at 11:30 it's no problem.

Seriously, did the game portion start early? We were in Club 44 enjoying our bloody marys and lobster salad before meandering down to our seats and never noticed.

Associate directors of operations are failing ... director of operations is failing

All in all there are serious flaws with our support staff and support systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom