Infiniti Coaches' Charity Challenge - Need Help! | Syracusefan.com

Infiniti Coaches' Charity Challenge - Need Help!

rjdietz

Walk On
I am a longtime reader on this site, but a first time poster. My name is Robert Dietz, and the reason I am reaching out is I am a member the Class of 2016 at the Whitman School at SU, pursuing my MBA. Currently, I am an intern with the Jim Boeheim Foundation, and a big part of that is working on the Infiniti Challenge, which you guys may or may not be familiar with. Basically, it is a contest among 48 Men's D1 basketball coaches where fans vote for their favorite coach, and the winner gets $100,000 for their favorite charity. As Syracuse fans, it is impossible to ignore the spectacular work Coach Boeheim's charity does on a year in and year out basis, and that is where the money would be going.

The contest is run through ESPN.com, and every couple weeks coaches are eliminated and the vote total is reset, and then it starts again.

Once you have an ESPN.com account (free to sign up) you can vote every day. Thad Matta from Ohio State won the past 3 years, with the money going to the Ronald McDonald House, but he is not participating this year so it truly is wide open.

http://promo.espn.go.com/espn/contests/infiniti/2015/index?next=home

Thanks, and Go Orange!

Robert

I am a longtime reader on this site, but a first time poster. My name is Robert Dietz, and the reason I am reaching out is I am a member the Class of 2016 at the Whitman School at SU, pursuing my MBA. Currently, I am an intern with the Jim Boeheim Foundation, and a big part of that is working on the Infiniti Challenge, which you guys may or may not be familiar with. Basically, it is a contest among 48 Men's D1 basketball coaches where fans vote for their favorite coach, and the winner gets $100,000 for their favorite charity. As Syracuse fans, it is impossible to ignore the spectacular work Coach Boeheim's charity does on a year in and year out basis, and that is where the money would be going.

The contest is run through ESPN.com, and every couple weeks coaches are eliminated and the vote total is reset, and then it starts again.

Once you have an ESPN.com account (free to sign up) you can vote every day. Thad Matta from Ohio State won the past 3 years, with the money going to the Ronald McDonald House, but he is not participating this year so it truly is wide open.

http://promo.espn.go.com/espn/contests/infiniti/2015/index?next=home

Thanks, and Go Orange!

Robert

You need to get this on syracuse.com, IMO.

Thanks...reached out to Mike, Donna, Brent, and Bud. So far have heard back from only Brent, who said he is going to try and get something up on the site. BTW, 9 days left to vote! Holding firm at 21, top 24 advance to the next round but it would be nice to get a bit of a cushion.

Go Orange!

Get on this folks.

It's a worthy cause and it's embarrassing to see so few people voting for JB especially considering some of the schools/coaches ahead of him.