Injury Report | Syracusefan.com

Injury Report

Nick44

All Conference
I don't think I've ever been more anxious for an updated injury report. Specifically talking about West, Trudo, Johnson and PTG. Thoughts and prayers with Julian.

Hope there are no further surprise additions to the report this week. Really hope we can get a healthy team on the field next week as we will need it versus Pitt. Also wish we don't have to wait till Wednesday for an update.

I don't think I've ever been more anxious for an updated injury report. Specifically talking about West, Trudo, Johnson and PTG. Thoughts and prayers with Julian.

Hope there are no further surprise additions to the report this week. Really hope we can get a healthy team on the field next week as we will need it versus Pitt. Also wish we don't have to wait till Wednesday for an update.

To me, this was the biggest difference between playing in the ACC vs the Big East. Every week teams are bigger and more physical. This obviously accounts for more injuries and the need for more depth. Aside from maybe wake, there are really no "soft" teams in the ACC Atlantic.

What about Emmerich? He went down late in the game with a knee injury. Pretty sure he's supposed to be our starting center next year.

I had a real estate customer at the last minute and missed both this and the basketball games. I found it interesting to read this morning that Schaffer made a decision at halftime whether to try to do better in the 2nd half and go for respectability or take out the key players as not to risk more injury and have a more intact team for the next two games to end up bowl eligible. Very, very smart move on our coaches part. The next two games are the most important for our program right now. Yesterdays loss to the masses of fans around the country at this point was just another Fl. St. beating up of some team.. By Monday they won't even remember which team it was this week. But Syracuse has a chance to have a great season for where we are right now. If we ever want to be on a higher level it will be done with baby steps. Hopefully a bowl game this year. Maybe breaking into the low top 20 next year, and then the recruits will come. A few years of that level and then we will take the big step, if it can be done. I don't need to have the number one team. I want a team that is fun to watch, and that always has a chance to win. If we had a number 25-20 team, I think that is a good team for us for a while.