Inordinate amount of "walk-ons in the depth chart | Syracusefan.com

Inordinate amount of "walk-ons in the depth chart

CaliCuse

All American
I suppose thats a good thing unless you consider they might be in front of the scholarship guys which begs the question about who is scouting and recruiting these kids ? Of walk-ons can come in and play better than the guys being pa
id a quarter million dollars i with an all expense paid education at Syracuse possibly spread over five years:crazy:

Cali- What walk ons are we talking about here?

There's two walk-ons on the offense line. They'll move back down the pecking order once Pugh, Trudo, and Hickey are healthy. They'll move even lower when Emmerich, Barrett, Knapp, and Palmer arrive on campus.

Anene may get a scholarship- he's a senior this year and has looked pretty solid as a LB.

Cleveland is a walk on, but Harris was a walk on who won the starting FB job. It's a pretty one dimensional position.

Hill also got time at WR, but that's because there were so many injuries.

The walk ons will end up low on the pecking order once everyone is healthy.

I don't think many people would guess Anene was a walk-on if they didn't know that he was.

Cali- What walk ons are we talking about here?

There's two walk-ons on the offense line. They'll move back down the pecking order once Pugh, Trudo, and Hickey are healthy. They'll move even lower when Emmerich, Barrett, Knapp, and Palmer arrive on campus.

Anene may get a scholarship- he's a senior this year and has looked pretty solid as a LB.

Cleveland is a walk on, but Harris was a walk on who won the starting FB job. It's a pretty one dimensional position.

Hill also got time at WR, but that's because there were so many injuries.

The walk ons will end up low on the pecking order once everyone is healthy.
What positions on the O line are the freshman going to play?

What positions on the O line are the freshman going to play?

No frosh is going play. Well, hopefully. My guess for the depth chart the start of the season would look like this-

LT- Pugh, LG- Chibane, C- Macky RG- Trudo or Sweet Lou RT- Hickey or Curtis

Second stringers would be Foy. Robinson,, Phillips, Trudo or Lou, and Hickey or Curtis.

A freshman may hit the two deep as a guard. If I had to guess, I'd say it would be Knapp. He just strikes me as the most D-I ready. But that's an uneducated guess.

No frosh is going play. Well, hopefully. My guess for the depth chart the start of the season would look like this-

LT- Pugh, LG- Chibane, C- Macky RG- Trudo or Sweet Lou RT- Hickey or Curtis

Second stringers would be Foy. Robinson,, Phillips, Trudo or Lou, and Hickey or Curtis.

A freshman may hit the two deep as a guard. If I had to guess, I'd say it would be Knapp. He just strikes me as the most D-I ready. But that's an uneducated guess.
Sorry question was not written well. What I meant to say was is Emerich a tackle or guard? Is Barrett going to be a guard or center? Marrone likes to cross train the linemen, it will be interesting to see what positions they practice at.

:bang::bang::bang:

Sorry question was not written well. What I meant to say was is Emerich a tackle or guard? Is Barrett going to be a guard or center? Marrone likes to cross train the linemen, it will be interesting to see what positions they practice at.

Knapp and Palmer are sure to be guards. I'm also mostly positive Emerich will play Tackle. Barrett is a tougher case. I think he'll play guard, but that's just a guess.

I'm kind of surprised that Trendowski & Acchione weren't asked back. Tommy is a free bee as his mom works at the university plus we only had two healthy tight ends this spring. Mike scored the winning TD vs Rhode Island and was cited by the coaches as having a tremendous work ethic and a kid who ran precise routes. I know both Hackett & Moore loved these kids.

I'm kind of surprised that Trendowski & Acchione weren't asked back. Tommy is a free bee as his mom works at the university plus we only had two healthy tight ends this spring. Mike scored the winning TD vs Rhode Island and was cited by the coaches as having a tremendous work ethic and a kid who ran precise routes. I know both Hackett & Moore loved these kids.

Why redshirt two guys have already finished their degrees?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
colpars13

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom