inside info ? | Syracusefan.com

inside info ?

stuckinbig11

All American
I am heading for Asheville, NC tomorrow to visit my son during Spring Break. He is the UNCA Faculty Athletic Rep. and knows their Athletic Director quite well. She was on the selection committee. I have met her a few times. If I see her, I will prod for inside info about the SU selection.

I am heading for Asheville, NC tomorrow to visit my son during Spring Break. He is the UNCA Faculty Athletic Rep. and knows their Athletic Director quite well. She was on the selection committee. I have met her a few times. If I see her, I will prod for inside info about the SU selection.
Funny. I'm going to Asheville this weekend to see see some old friends. Great town. Especially if you like craft beer.

Funny. I'm going to Asheville this weekend to see see some old friends. Great town. Especially if you like craft beer.
Great hiking right ?

Great hiking right ?
If you're in to that sort of thing. They have real mountains down there. I'm not in great shape but not terrible shape either. Went on a 2 mile hike to a mountain summit and seriously thought my heart was gonna explode. I'll stick the bars and drink some of the finest craft beer in the country.

My son says that the AD is tight-lipped about the selection process and won't leak a word.

Town is nice to visit for a few days, but it's a serious hippy town. There are good restaurants, breweries, etc., but there's no way I could live there.

Town is nice to visit for a few days, but it's a serious hippy town. There are good restaurants, breweries, etc., but there's no way I could live there.
Very true. They don't have a homeless problem, they have a hippie problem.

I've been to Asheville a few times. Super weird city. Then again, I'm not much of a drinker and don't have anything in common with white people who have dreadlocks.

The mountains are beautiful though.

I've been to Asheville a few times. Super weird city. Then again, I'm not much of a drinker and don't have anything in common with white people who have dreadlocks.

The mountains are beautiful though.

What about non-white people who had dreadlocks? Orrrrrr what if the white hippies were so tanned/dirty that you werent sure if they were white?

There was a guy in Kailua/Kaneohe who fit that description(other than being a hippie, he was a Nam vet), who was called "Mango Man". His dreads were so long that he had to carry them around. He'd put any of those hippies to shame(unless theyre different from most of the stylish ones see), he only ate food he found, he was even less trusting than me.

The weirdness of the town is what makes it so cool. Tons of stuff to do there besides drink beer and hike. Great restaurants and the downtown areas are great. We usually just park and walk the town all day. The Sierra Nevada and New Belgium breweries are worth the trip alone. Even if you're not a drinker.

It is a melting pot of the left and right here for sure. We all don't always get along but it is by far the best city in the state, imo. If for no other reason than the weather we have because of the elevation.

I've heard it referred to as Burlington south. Sounds perfect to me. I hear the mountain biking is outstanding as well.

People move here from all over the country for no other reason than the mountain biking. Its that good.

It is a melting pot of the left and right here for sure. We all don't always get along but it is by far the best city in the state, imo. If for no other reason than the weather we have because of the elevation.

We live just south of Asheville in Hendersonville. Moved from Rochester 6 years ago. The area is awesome if you love the outdoors, great beer, great restaurants, awesome weather but still with a winter, beautiful mountains, and a great mix of happy people.

We live just south of Asheville in Hendersonville. Moved from Rochester 6 years ago. The area is awesome if you love the outdoors, great beer, great restaurants, awesome weather but still with a winter, beautiful mountains, and a great mix of happy people.

Hannah Flannigans owners or owners parents have ties to upstate I believe. My wife parents just moved from there to Charlotte area where we and her brothers are. Hendersonville is great

I live in Hendo as well. I always say Asheville because everyone knows where that is. It is a great place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom