INSIDER - Top 25 players in college hoops (Fran Fraschilla) | Syracusefan.com

INSIDER - Top 25 players in college hoops (Fran Fraschilla)

AirForceOrange

Hall of Fame
http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-col...tion-top-25-impact-players-college-basketball

For those without Insider access:

22. Brandon Triche

Guard | Senior | Syracuse Orange

With the losses of super-sixth man James Southerland to academic eligibility issues two weeks ago and freshman big man Dajaun Coleman to a knee injury this week, it doesn't feel like the Orange are 18-2, but they are. And if they are to stay at the top of the national polls, it will be because of the increased impact of senior guard Triche.

While sophomore guard Michael Carter-Williams is leading the nation in assists and stepping into the national limelight as a result, Triche is finally starting to recognize that he must maintain his offensive aggressiveness for 40 minutes. He has played in so many big games for Jim Boeheim and with other great Syracuse players in his four seasons, but now is his time.

Previous ranking: NR

Off the board

These players didn't make the cut for this edition, after being on our Dec. 13 list.

Brandon Paul, Illinois
Michael Carter-Williams, Syracuse
C.J. McCollum, Lehigh
Jack Cooley, Notre Dame
Phil Pressey, Missouri
Peyton Siva, Louisville
Sean Kilpatrick, Cincinnati
Nate Wolters, South Dakota State
Russ Smith, Louisville
Alex Poythress, Kentucky
Jamaal Franklin, San Diego State
Elias Harris, Gonzaga

I am kind of glad that MCW fell off the list. He needs to tighten up his game (cut TOs and improve his shooting percentage). If a few less kudos sets him straight, so that he can become a player who fulfills his potential then I am glad of that. Don't get me wrong, I love MCW and clamored endlessly for him to get more PT last season, but this year he just seems to lose focus and play sloppy at times. Maybe, it is simply a matter of too many minutes out there.

Conversely, maybe this will re-inforce Brandon's confidence and spur him on to be the high caliber senior leader that he is capable of being all of the time instead of just some of the time.

Conversely, maybe this will re-inforce Brandon's confidence and spur him on to be the high caliber senior leader that he is capable of being all of the time instead of just some of the time.

This might be a shock, but Triche is the same player every game. When his shots are falling, he's everyones hero. When they don't, some people say he didn't come to play. Wrong.

He's also not the type that when the shots aren't falling, to keep jacking up dumbass shots.

MCW also plays a big role in how Triche plays.

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

Bees you can disagree with me, but i dont really think mcw has much of an affect on Brandon's game at all. BT can get any shot he wants on his own. Brandon has showed that in the previous three games. Brandon should shoot 15 to 20 times a game every game. Even if brandon misses 3 or 4 shots in a row, he's capable of making the next 3 or 4. Mcw played like garbage against nova and Brandon still played like gangbusters. To much focus is on mcw, when really I think we need to rely on Brandon to be our go to guy. This is not the same Brandon Triche of the last three years, he is a completely different player this year.

Bees you can disagree with me, but i dont really think mcw has much of an affect on Brandon's game at all. He can get any shot he wants on his own. He has showed that in the previous three games. Brandon should shoot 15 to 20 times a game every game. Even if he misses 3 or 4 shots in a row, he's capable of making the next 3 or 4. Mcw played like garbage against nova and Brandon still played like gangbusters. To much focus is on mcw, when really I think we need to rely on Brandon to be our go to guy. This is not the same Brandon Triche of the last three years, he is a completely different player this year.

You're all over the place here.

Mcw is the point guard. He has the ball the majority of the time. That's what the pg does, and it's even more obvious in our system with a lacking half court offense and a player in mcw who tries to put the entire state of NY on his back at times.

You say you want Triche to shoot a lot. He needs the ball. Believe it or not, it is something as simple as passing.

My bad ham, I wasn't very specific on who I was talking about. Just stating that Brandon can play well no matter if mcw plays well or not. Obviously, it would be great if they both played well. I just think bt is the better player.

My bad ham, I wasn't very specific on who I was talking about. Just stating that Brandon can play well no matter if mcw plays well or not. Obviously, it would be great if they both played well. I just think bt is the better player.

And I was talking about MCW having an impact on Triche's game as he does on every player. Not only because he js the distributor, but also because the PG has to get players the ball where they like it and when they like it. The PG has a big role and has an effect on everyone.

And I was talking about MCW having an impact on Triche's game as he does on every player. Not only because he js the distributor, but also because the PG has to get players the ball where they like it and when they like it. The PG has a big role and has an effect on everyone.

In other words, the PG's job is to make other players better...does MCW make other players better?

I think that is the key question to ask...

This might be a shock, but Triche is the same player every game. When his shots are falling, he's everyones hero. When they don't, some people say he didn't come to play. Wrong.

He's also not the type that when the shots aren't falling, to keep jacking up dumbass shots.

MCW also plays a big role in how Triche plays.

big triche fan.

i dont worry about him, i know what his floor is, and its a pretty high one.

the thing is for JB to get him to raise it.

some games he can, others he cant.

hes a rock...a statistically better 51, keeping shlit moving.

Oh Lord

Triche is the guy and if anyone cant see that then they dont pay attention