Intentionally trying to hurt the Yankees | Syracusefan.com

Intentionally trying to hurt the Yankees

CaliCuse

All American
From an interview that I saw many years ago that was quite disrespectful of a team he had just won on. Now as the Texas Ranger ceo he plans on making life tough for the Yankees by throwing $ at CC to drive his cost up against the Yanks I know Cashman says he did this in his talks with crawford against the Sox Ryan should realize that strong Yankees mean higher ratings on television and at the box office. Every team in the league makes big money when the Yankees come into town. Attendance records fall every year when the Bombers come to play the local yokels. Baseball's annual draft was formatted to hurt the Yankees. That sows how dumb these so called executives really are. It doesn't matter if they are baseball people or managing the Big East conference. Its really amazing these idiots can walk and chew gum at the same time. Strangely enough I've never seen them do that so the question is still up for consideration.:cool:

That's how free agency works. The Yankees put the opt out clause in CC's contract in order to get him to sign 3 years ago so they reap what they sow. Expect the Sox to make a run at him too. And also expect the Yankees and Sox to make a run at CJ Wilson.

Relax. The Yanks will pay CC whatever he wants, and raise the price of beer by $1.

Relax. The Yanks will pay CC whatever he wants, and raise the price of beer by $1.
I know they will pay the fat man. They are between a sox and a hard place.

I know they will pay the fat man. They are between a sox and a hard place.

I have been laughing at your fat man barbs thrown at CC, but his fitness really makes you question whether throwing more than the 4 years at $25 million per he is already due is really a wise thing to do?? Looking out to 2015, 2016 things could be really ugly with the Yanks having $75 million plus still tied up in ARod, Tex and CC. I wonder whether any of the three will still be productive then.

I know Cashman says he did this in his talks with crawford against the Sox Ryan should realize that strong Yankees mean higher ratings on television and at the box office.

Are you that delusional? The Rangers are in the World Series, where are the Yankees? I'm pretty sure winning a WS and getting CC Sabathia will get you higher ratings that a "strong Yankees" team.

That being said, I hope the Yanks give him a 5 year, 25 mil per deal so when he breaks down in two years I can laugh just as hard as I can at A-Rod's contract.

Spending money doesn't seem to hurt the Yankees. But have a good laugh anyway.

Spending money doesn't seem to hurt the Yankees. But have a good laugh anyway.
It might not hurt their wallets, but how is it going to feel when you have to keep Jeter and A-Rod on the field because there's no where else to put them? It hurts the team in that way too.

They will be Posada'd. The Yankees MO is overpay in the future for next year's results. you think it will catch up with them eventually, but since 1995, they have only missed the playoffs once and have 5 World Series titles.

Ryan should realize that strong Yankees mean higher ratings on television and at the box office. Every team in the league makes big money when the Yankees come into town. Attendance records fall every year when the Bombers come to play the local yokels. :cool:

Agreed that the Yankees are by far the most popular visiting team. But opposing fans love to fill the stadium to root against them whether they are good or not. Go back into history and you'll see the Yankees filled opposing stadiums back in the 1980's when they were horrible too.

Nolan Ryan has many bigger fish to fry than making sure the Yankees are competitive.

Go back into history and you'll see the Yankees filled opposing stadiums back in the 1980's when they were horrible too.

No World Series Titles in the 1980's but still the most wins and highest winning percentage during that decade. The worst teams were probably 1989-92.

It makes good business sense to try and hurt your competition. Other teams trying to harm the Yankees by making them pay more in years and or $ than they want to is really only illusory. The Yankees, if they want to, can spend 100,000,000.00 more than anyone else, including Boston and still have greater revenue than the other teams. Let's say the Yankees are forced to spend 35 million a year for 7 years to keep CC, and that after year two he is an overweight AJ Burnett. Does anyone seriously believe the Yankees can not afford to spend through the contract. Come on, don't kid yourself into thinking that anyone except the Yankees can ever hurt them. Not saying they will always win, we know they wont. Having the Yankees to hate is part of what makes being a Red Sox fan so alluring. Any year the Sox win is just a huge bonus. Don't forget for 86 years the Sox could never beat the Yankees. It just made the victory sooooo sweet.