Interesting article - Partially discussing differences between Briles and DB system | Syracusefan.com

Interesting article - Partially discussing differences between Briles and DB system

Good analysis. However, I respectfully disagree with writer regarding HCDB's emphasis towards the OL. HCDB has always stated he wants a strong running g game. He has recruited linemen accordingly.

The real issue is that HCDB is still working with what he had skill and physical ability wise, and is still coaching up the kids as well as adding depth.

This article was written after one season with HCDB at the helm so I don't want to be overly critical. O e should note that Briles had several years to build the Baylor Bears to their breakout season and HCDB was on hand to witness, observe, process and evaluate how Briles managed to get the team he wanted and what it took from the players to get there. Oftentimes, the guys that do the heaviest of lifting are the wisest ones when it comes to repeating the success.

HCDB is the man for the Orange job. I think he will be like Coach Mac and Coach P (early years) with the added advantage of having AD and School admin full support.

Good analysis. However, I respectfully disagree with writer regarding HCDB's emphasis towards the OL. HCDB has always stated he wants a strong running g game. He has recruited linemen accordingly.

The real issue is that HCDB is still working with what he had skill and physical ability wise, and is still coaching up the kids as well as adding depth.

This article was written after one season with HCDB at the helm so I don't want to be overly critical. O e should note that Briles had several years to build the Baylor Bears to their breakout season and HCDB was on hand to witness, observe, process and evaluate how Briles managed to get the team he wanted and what it took from the players to get there. Oftentimes, the guys that do the heaviest of lifting are the wisest ones when it comes to repeating the success.

HCDB is the man for the Orange job. I think he will be like Coach Mac and Coach P (early years) with the added advantage of having AD and School admin full support.

I don’t disagree. I found the article and insights interesting in general.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom