Interesting chat with Bob Ley tonight | Syracusefan.com

Interesting chat with Bob Ley tonight

cto

Administrator
Attended a charity dinner tonight where Bob Ley was the master of ceremonies and a featured speaker. At pre-dinner cocktail hour, I walked up to him and very sweetly (I can be sweet) expressed my disappointment with his role in the Bernie Fine lynching at ESPN. He immediately went on the defensive... and kept saying ... "The Syracuse DA and police chief said Fine was guilty; we did nothing but report that."

As this was a charity event and he was giving his time to it, I upped my sweetness quotient and gently mentioned how ESPN's two follow-up "witnesses" both recanted what they had said, how the stepbrother changed his story, how a year-long federal investigation found no evidence,
and how ESPN seemed to be trying to make up for missing the Sandusky story.

The conversation then got interesting. He said he had spent the past 18 months defending ESPN's role in this, and that he and everyone at ESPN stood by their reporting. I sweetly said I had a lot of friends at ESPN, and I knew not everyone there thought it was ESPN's finest hour.

At that point, he thanked me for being nicer than most people who had expressed criticism to him about the matter. I apologized for mentioning it at a charity event, but indicated I felt strongly about it because I believe ESPN had unfairly maligned SU. We shook hands and were about to part as friends. Then a photographer came over and asked to take a picture of the two of us with Bob's arm around me for use in a local newspaper. I cannot wait to get a copy of the picture.

Whatever helps them sleep at night.

Fitzpatrick is a clown, his comments were incredibly reckless and irresponsible. If that's who they want to point to to support their argument, they've got a pretty weak case.

CTO, it seems like you are preemptively trying to explain the pic that is about to go public! ;). You are a media expert. Your years in the game have served you well.

now who is Bob Ley???...I kid, I kid. Once again CTO gets her point across...rather than "sweet charity" seems more like "tongue in cheek" unless "Sweet and Sour" personifies the media business of ESPN...wondering why he didn't bring up the ACC GOR as a diversion in the conversation.
I find it revolting that ESPN continues to defend and/or even find excuses for what they reported...just surprised at this point he didn't indicate that they (ESPN) saw it on the Dude's Twitter account so therefore it must be true...because everything on the web is factual...especially if you do not do your background checking to confirm. This time, the clown is obviously Bob Ley...and fact he wore no fun make-up doesn't prove he isn't an ass clown...
Cool story CTO---too bad you could not slap him with a warrant for not finding the truth...at least a polite no comment from him rather than continued defense of his/their argument...but judge we heard it from unreputable sources...therefore it must be true.

DA Fitzpatrick only said that the accusers were "credible". That's a long way from being tried and found guilty.

Leave it to ESPiN to leave out a few steps of the judicial process.

You go girl! Thanks for representing.

Give you all the credit in the world because that's much more civil and composed than I would have been able to be

I sat next to Bob Ley at a Southside Johnny and the Poor Fools show in Connecticut the night before the Fine story broke. I spoke with him briefly, things unrelated, of course, to Fine. A day later, it was strange knowing that he likely knew about the Fine situation as I was sitting next to him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sat next to Bob Ley at a Southside Johnny and the Poor Fools show in Connecticut the night before the Fine story broke. I spoke with him briefly, things unrelated, of course, to Fine. A day later, it was strange knowing that he likely knew about the Fine situation as I was sitting next to him. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When Bob Ley sits down, he sits next to everyone in the room at once.

Pure rationalization on Ley's part.

Convenient.

When Bob Ley sits down, he sits next to everyone in the room at once.
I don't know what this means, but it's hilarious! (Is he omnipresent? Overweight? The mind boggles!)

You should have sweetly asked him," Hey Bobbie ... is the assclown here too?"

If you ever see Mark Schwartz at a charity event don't be sweet. guy, he should be unemployed.

Attended a charity dinner tonight where Bob Ley was the master of ceremonies and a featured speaker. At pre-dinner cocktail hour, I walked up to him and very sweetly (I can be sweet) expressed my disappointment with his role in the Bernie Fine lynching at ESPN. He immediately went on the defensive... and kept saying ... "The Syracuse DA and police chief said Fine was guilty; we did nothing but report that."

As this was a charity event and he was giving his time to it, I upped my sweetness quotient and gently mentioned how ESPN's two follow-up "witnesses" both recanted what they had said, how the stepbrother changed his story, how a year-long federal investigation found no evidence,
and how ESPN seemed to be trying to make up for missing the Sandusky story.

The conversation then got interesting. He said he had spent the past 18 months defending ESPN's role in this, and that he and everyone at ESPN stood by their reporting. I sweetly said I had a lot of friends at ESPN, and I knew not everyone there thought it was ESPN's finest hour.

At that point, he thanked me for being nicer than most people who had expressed criticism to him about the matter. I apologized for mentioning it at a charity event, but indicated I felt strongly about it because I believe ESPN had unfairly maligned SU. We shook hands and were about to part as friends. Then a photographer came over and asked to take a picture of the two of us with Bob's arm around me for use in a local newspaper. I cannot wait to get a copy of the picture.

Bob Ley once had credibility. He once was a man of honor.

Now he cover up his failings with outright lies.

It is a shame. We need good journalists now more than ever.

Good for you letting him know you are on to him. I wonder if he is delusional enough to believe what he is saying is the truth?

you shouldve shot right back 'the DA and the police chief did not say he was guilty, they merely took the convient out of saying it was credible but that they couldnt do anything. this helped put some distance between them and it...and put it to bed.'

screw him.

Bob Ley once had credibility. He once was a man of honor.

Now he cover up his failings with outright lies.

It is a shame. We need good journalists now more than ever.

Good for you letting him know you are on to him. I wonder if he is delusional enough to believe what he is saying is the truth?
I have similar feelings. Ley's reached that point where him just paying attention to something lends it credibility. He used his position improperly, IMO.

This was the thread I was looking for.

http://deadspin.com/espn-blunder-leads-to-amazing-bob-ley-moment-489510155

ku-xlarge.gif

If you ever see Mark Schwartz at a charity event don't be sweet. guy, he should be unemployed.

Agreed. Walk up to him and sweetly kick him in the nuts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom