Interesting conversation tonight... | Syracusefan.com

Interesting conversation tonight...

Cusefan95

All Conference
So I've moved to Wisconsin with my wife, and we had a meeting tonight with the pastor at our new church. In the course of the conversation my wife mentioned that I was a huge sports fan and started naming off the teams I root for (Devils/Mets/Knicks/Bills/Orange) and said I go to games often. The pastor - who is definitely not a sports fan - asked if I was at the 6OT game a few years back and said that was probably the last college game he'd watched, but he's very casually followed Syracuse since then. I thought that was interesting, the 6OT game seems to still resonate with people outside of CNY...

Devils/Mets/Bills is quite the odd trifecta. I don't think I've ever known a person with that athletic team combo.

So I've moved to Wisconsin with my wife, and we had a meeting tonight with the pastor at our new church. In the course of the conversation my wife mentioned that I was a huge sports fan and started naming off the teams I root for (Devils/Mets/Knicks/Bills/Orange) and said I go to games often. The pastor - who is definitely not a sports fan - asked if I was at the 6OT game a few years back and said that was probably the last college game he'd watched, but he's very casually followed Syracuse since then. I thought that was interesting, the 6OT game seems to still resonate with people outside of CNY...

Where do you live? I grew up in LaCrosse and went to school in Madison. My mom watched the 6OT game when she was dying of congestive heart failure. Luckily, that game did not hasten her demise!

As you settle in to your new surroundings, be aware of the bars that are on every other corner. Severe alcoholism is layered through those hearty people like fat in pastrami. And oh my gosh, do they ever LOVE their Packers! The Dairy State is a great place. I hope you enjoy it! (But - be careful...)

How's it gooooin', eh? Ooooh Yaaaaa.

Born in Milwaukee. Still have tons of family there.

Lambeau should be on every football fan's bucket list. Great fans. Great atmosphere.

How's it gooooin', eh? Ooooh Yaaaaa.

Born in Milwaukee. Still have tons of family there.

Lambeau should be on every football fan's bucket list. Great fans. Great atmosphere.

My wife spent time in California growing up and is a huge 49ers fan, so we got tickets to the 49ers-Packers playoff game this year at Lambeau. That was the coldest I've ever been, we made it to the end of the third qtr and watched the rest of the game from one of the bars in the atrium. Hopefully we'll make it to an early season game in the next few years, we're living in Appleton so it'd be an easy trip

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom