Interesting dynamics in the Cornell/SU game | Syracusefan.com

Interesting dynamics in the Cornell/SU game

bballbeadle

Woman of a certain age
Tuesday night I was in line in Wegmans and suddenly realized that the woman checking out ahead of me was Juli Boeheim. I said, “Hello, Mrs. Boeheim!” She smiled and said hello back. I said, “Are you excited about Friday night and Jimmy playing in the Dome?” She replied, “Oh my gosh, I am over the top anxious about it!” I told her that the entire Dome would be cheering for Jimmy and that I wished everyone the best of luck. She said, “I hope so!”

Now, intrepid explorer of the human psyche that I am, I have to confess that I hadn’t really thought about how odd and discomfiting it might feel for the Boeheim’s to be in this position. I know that all parents feel nervous when their kids are playing, but here it is, the FIRST game of the season, the parents of course want Jimmy to do well, but they also want his team to lose (I would think). I am sure that once the game starts, Coach will be in his zone (as it were), but poor Juli?? I think her stomach will be in knots.

I am assuming the Dome will cheer every time Jimmy scores (if he does). What do others think?

No way. Julia should love it, she gets to cheer for every basket in the game.
And yet, somehow, I don’t believe she will be loving it. I think she’ll be glad when it’s over.