Interesting Fact if we beat UL in the BET final this next game would likely be in Indy | Syracusefan.com

Interesting Fact if we beat UL in the BET final this next game would likely be in Indy

Alsacs

Living Legend
Louisville got the number 1 overall and Indianapolis because they beat us in the BET Final. If they lose the number 1 seeds are probably 1. Kansas 2. Indiana 3. Louisville 4. Gonzaga. Indiana gets Indianapolis and Louisville gets Washington D.C. Syracuse probably wouldn't have gone from 16 to 12 with a win over Louisville thus we still would have been a 4 seed. Kansas State was getting the West region because it was the closest team to that region. Since Louisville would have been in the East region, Syracuse couldn't be in that region as a 4 seed and thus because Michigan couldn't go to Midwest cause of Indiana as the 1 seed and they probably go East. That leaves Syracuse or St. Louis for the South and Midwest because Syracuse would have been higher than St. Louis they would have done to Syracuse what they did to Duke. Duke is closer to Indianapolis and thus was placed in that region, Syracuse is closer to Indianapolis and we most likely go Indy and St. Louis goes to Dallas.
Thus, while we all wanted to beat Louisville in NYC in the BET it probably saved us from a 2000 Syracuse vs. Michigan St in Auburn Hills scenario.

interesting. and prob true.

but we would have been allowed to be the 4 vs lville 1. not sure if they would have done that or not, just that it would be allowed.

At 12 we would have been a 3 seed. The 4 seeds are the 13-16 overall teams.

At 12 we would have been a 3 seed. The 4 seeds are the 13-16 overall teams.
Which is my point, we don't move up to a 3 seed if we beat Louisville we would have moved up the S-Curve 2 or 3 slots, but I don't think the win would have moved us up 4 slots. If we beat UL I doubt we become a 3 seed because we were the lowest 4 seed in the S-Curve released by the committee last week. That loss to UL pushed Indiana out of Indianapolis and into D.C. and helped us get the East region because the only 4 seeds in contention for D.C. were Michigan and Syracuse. Michigan couldn't go D.C. because Indiana ended up the 1 seed in that region. K- State was going West, and St. Louis was closer to the South and Midwest regionals.

hard to say as before our loss and st louis' win on sunday in there tournament we could of been #15 on there true seed list but since we lost and st louis won we flipped

Louisville got the number 1 overall and Indianapolis because they beat us in the BET Final. If they lose the number 1 seeds are probably 1. Kansas 2. Indiana 3. Louisville 4. Gonzaga. Indiana gets Indianapolis and Louisville gets Washington D.C. Syracuse probably wouldn't have gone from 16 to 12 with a win over Louisville thus we still would have been a 4 seed. Kansas State was getting the West region because it was the closest team to that region. Since Louisville would have been in the East region, Syracuse couldn't be in that region as a 4 seed and thus because Michigan couldn't go to Midwest cause of Indiana as the 1 seed and they probably go East. That leaves Syracuse or St. Louis for the South and Midwest because Syracuse would have been higher than St. Louis they would have done to Syracuse what they did to Duke. Duke is closer to Indianapolis and thus was placed in that region, Syracuse is closer to Indianapolis and we most likely go Indy and St. Louis goes to Dallas.
Thus, while we all wanted to beat Louisville in NYC in the BET it probably saved us from a 2000 Syracuse vs. Michigan St in Auburn Hills scenario.
I'm way to hungover to comprehend this!!

I suspect we would have been a 3 seed. Difference between 12 and 16 was probably very small (as was speculated on selection sunday). A win on a neutral court over a #1 seed would ave made a difference.

I am glad we didn't beat Louisville. We had a pretty easy path to the sweet 16, just ask Georgetown, Gonzaga, New Mexico, St. Louis.

Which is my point, we don't move up to a 3 seed if we beat Louisville we would have moved up the S-Curve 2 or 3 slots, but I don't think the win would have moved us up 4 slots. If we beat UL I doubt we become a 3 seed because we were the lowest 4 seed in the S-Curve released by the committee last week. That loss to UL pushed Indiana out of Indianapolis and into D.C. and helped us get the East region because the only 4 seeds in contention for D.C. were Michigan and Syracuse. Michigan couldn't go D.C. because Indiana ended up the 1 seed in that region. K- State was going West, and St. Louis was closer to the South and Midwest regionals.
My brain has already imploded. I will now assume the fetal position.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom