Interesting final outcome | Syracusefan.com

Interesting final outcome

Blaster

2nd String
Ok end of december rolls out and we have...
1.Alabama 13-0
2.LSU 11-1
3.OU 12-0
4.Wisconsin 13-0
5.Stanford 13-0
6.Clemson 13-0
7.Boise st 12-0
8.OSU 11-1
9.Houston 13-0

This would be an almost perfect ending to the season. Not that it will happen Clemson is bound to losse 1 just out of a historical standpoint. Wisconsin will prolly slip. But for arguments sake lets say it ends like this.

First off 2 SEC schools in the NC game will piss everyone off. Second with undefeated teams in every other conf including MWC and C-USA that would cause some pissy meetings at the next BCS Vote/hearing in 2013. I have to believe that Delaney, Swafford, and Larry Scott would all vote for no less than a +1 next time around. Hell an ending like this could spurn a 8 team Playoff.

R1
Alabama
OSU/Houston

Wisconsin
Stanford

OU
Clemson

LSU
Boise st

A bunch of powerhouse teams plus 1-2 cindarellas is made for tv. With an ending like this thats alot of heartbreak for ALOT of teams and there fansbases all at once. Also for that matter i would expect the confernce leaders to rally since it was all of them at 1 time to have a real bad taste in there mouth.

Not that this will happen, most these teams might blow a game by then. Ofcourse nothing could come of it at all since it never has in the past, but i can dream right?

Ok end of december rolls out and we have...
1.Alabama 13-0
2.LSU 12-1
3.OU 12-0
4.Wisconsin 13-0
5.Stanford
6.Clemson 13-0
7.Boise st 12-0
8.OSU 11-1
9.Houston 13-0

This would be an almost perfect ending to the season. Not that it will happen Clemson is bound to losse 1 just out of a historical standpoint. Wisconsin will prolly slip. But for arguments sake lets say it ends like this.

First off 2 SEC schools in the NC game will piss everyone off. Second with undefeated teams in every other conf including MWC and C-USA that would cause some pissy meetings at the next BCS Vote/hearing in 2013. I have to believe that Delaney, Swafford, and Larry Scott would all vote for no less than a +1 next time around. Hell an ending like this could spurn a 8 team Playoff.

R1
Alabama
OSU/Houston

Wisconsin
Stanford

OU
Clemson

LSU
Boise st

A bunch of powerhouse teams plus 1-2 cindarellas is made for tv. With an ending like this thats alot of heartbreak for ALOT of teams and there fansbases all at once. Also for that matter i would expect the confernce leaders to rally since it was all of them at 1 time to have a real bad taste in there mouth.

Not that this will happen, most these teams might blow a game by then. Ofcourse nothing could come of it at all since it never has in the past, but i can dream right?

LSU plays Bama already and only one can go to the SEC championship game since both are in the SEC west correct, so wouldn't that make them 11-1 since they wouldn't get that extra game prior to Bowl Season? If OU runs the table they will finish ahead of the LSU/Bama loser, as would Wisconsin since with that 13th game (assuming they run the table) they would probably garner enough in the BCS standings to move ahead of the loser of the LSU/Bama game. In reality Bama and LSU are probably better than any of the others ... which sucks because the loser of that game on Nov 5th is out of the title hunt even with just 1 loss, they won't allow a rematch in the NC ... precedent was set with Mich/Ohio St a few years back.

LSU plays Bama already and only one can go to the SEC championship game since both are in the SEC west correct, so wouldn't that make them 11-1 since they wouldn't get that extra game prior to Bowl Season? If OU runs the table they will finish ahead of the LSU/Bama loser, as would Wisconsin since with that 13th game (assuming they run the table) they would probably garner enough in the BCS standings to move ahead of the loser of the LSU/Bama game. In reality Bama and LSU are probably better than any of the others ... which sucks because the loser of that game on Nov 5th is out of the title hunt even with just 1 loss, they won't allow a rematch in the NC ... precedent was set with Mich/Ohio St a few years back.

Yes you are right. i knew that as i was typing it up but for some reason i still screwed it up. Ty good catch i will fix it. I think there is one difference tho between LSU/Bama and OSU/Mich.

That being OSU/Mich game was the last game of the year as i recall and most ppl thought that Mich should stay at #2 but when you loose 99% of the time a team is gonna drop a few spots. LSU would have 3 games left with there last game at home against atm #9 arkansas.

IMO this wont happen was just a interesting possible out come. There are 11 conference leaders that vote on the BCS and 6 of them get screwed in this situation.

Yes you are right. i knew that as i was typing it up but for some reason i still screwed it up. Ty good catch i will fix it. I think there is one difference tho between LSU/Bama and OSU/Mich.

That being OSU/Mich game was the last game of the year as i recall and most ppl thought that Mich should stay at #2 but when you loose 99% of the time a team is gonna drop a few spots. LSU would have 3 games left with there last game at home against atm #9 arkansas.

IMO this wont happen was just a interesting possible out come. There are 11 conference leaders that vote on the BCS and 6 of them get screwed in this situation.

I agree ... the big thing will be whether or not Arkansas is still 9 ... and even crazier is what would happen if Bama were to somehow lose the SEC title game ... I mean weirder things have happened. I remember feeling like Mich was #2 after that OSU shootout but after watching OSU get rolled and Mich losing their bowl game they weren't even really worthy of a #4 ranking at years end. But you do bring up a very very interesting scenario that the BCS won't be able to explain away this time around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom