Interesting Frank Howard Stats

EastCoast2

Board Mathematician
3 point attempts as a % of field goal attempts:

2015: 30%
2016: 41%
2017: 41%
2018: 64%

He's never been a great shooter (never above 33%), this year we add two good shooters in Hughes and Boeheim, and Frank is suddenly shooting 50% more threes. Why? Ankle injury have him still shook from driving into the lane with contact?

Free-throw attempts / 40 mins:
2017: 3.6
2018: 2.0

Seems to further suggest he's staying out of the lane, driving less, and shooting many more jumpshots, even when contested. One thing that this does is makes it much harder for teammates to get open looks. He's standing on the 3 point line waiting to get the ball to shoot, instead of driving to create for himself or others, or get fouled and take two free throws.

Conclusion: problematic for the team.

He is hardly shooting at all this year due to his lack of confidence and playing time cut way down so the "percent of shots being 3's" I think is misleading. Wonder what his average number of total shots per game were last year compared to this year? Furthermore, what was his 3 point shooting percentage accuracy last year compared to this year? Those two results might give a better picture. I'm just thinking out loud I guess.

This supports what the eyes see: that JB no longer sees him as a PG and we are essentially putting out two combo guards in Frank and Tyus.

Of the two, Tyus arguably acts more like the 1.

somebody Correct me if I am wrong but reading stats it says he is getting 26 min per game? It feels like he is getting the hook after a min or two each half. Damn he isn’t doing much in that time.

He is hardly shooting at all this year due to his lack of confidence and playing time cut way down so the "percent of shots being 3's" I think is misleading. Wonder what his average number of total shots per game were last year compared to this year? Furthermore, what was his 3 point shooting percentage accuracy last year compared to this year? Those two results might give a better picture. I'm just thinking out loud I guess.
Shots per 40 mins:

2017: 14.0
2018: 12.1

He's taking slightly fewer shots, but many more threes, when we have much better shooters than last year.

3P%
2016: .316
2017: .327
2018: .310

His shooting % isn't that much worse. He's slightly down, but nothing drastic (5%-10% lower).

He's taking slightly fewer shots, but many more threes, when we have much better shooters than last year.

We do have more/better shooters this year and that’s why he’s taken only 18% of our 3’s compared to 31% last year when there was nobody off the bench and he pretty much played 40mpg. In conference games he and Hughes are tied for 2nd in percentage, behind Buddy, at 35%. I didn’t count Dolezaj.

Your first post about the percentage of 3’s he takes compared to his total shots is way too high and indicative that he’s not getting into the paint.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom