Interesting Mocko...... | Syracusefan.com

Interesting Mocko......

newmexicuse

All Conference
http://www.nbadraft.net/2012mock_draft

All five from Ky in the first round including two in the lottery. Plus a 6th in the 2nd round !!

Melo and Kris in the first round for us. No Dion ????

It shows Fab to the Nets - what happened to that Dwight guy I thought they were chasing ??

KJ has played well in some big games. Might be making some money

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

Last week that site had both Dion and Fab to the Lakers at 20 and 23, and KJo going to Boston at 26 I believe.

Fab way too low, his game screams NBA, if Enes Kanter goes #3 last year, Fab will move up when the draft gets closer, can be effective shooting the ball from 15 feet which is a must in the pick and roll league, has good athleticsm and hands. Gauranteed when scouts look closer at his game and in workouts he will move up, defintely top 10. Dion, not so sure, I say he could get into the top 20 but the jump shot is not good enough yet.

Good for KJ if he gets drafted
Bad for the team that drafts him

I am usually one to advise kids to go as soon as they are sure to be drafted, but in Fab's case, I think it would be a mistake. Although he is old for his draft class, he is still very inexperienced. He will need a lot of reps to get better. It would be very easy for him to be drafted into a bad situation where he never gets those reps and is out of the league after his first contract expires. He is one of the few cases where I think he should return even though he is a likely first rounder (although there is no way he is a Top Ten pick - anyone who drafts him knows they are picking a backup center whose only current NBA skill is blocking shots, but still knows very little about the game and is the product of a zone defense -he's probably going in the 20s).

Kris is a borderline first rounder but I think he ends up dropping to the 2nd round.

Dion has certainly played himself out of the first round and probably out of the draft entirely, unless he has a monster post season.

I think Scoop is the most intriguing prospect of all. He is having a terrific season and has shown himself to be a leader and a very heady point guard. His age works against him - he'll be 24 this summer, one of the oldest guys in the draft - but his size, experience and skills are working for him, and there is always room in the NBA for solid backup point guards. Unless he screws the pooch in a tournament game and sends SU home early, then someone is going to take him in the 2nd round, and I would not be shocked to see Scoop end up having a six or eight year NBA career.

I am usually one to advise kids to go as soon as they are sure to be drafted, but in Fab's case, I think it would be a mistake. Although he is old for his draft class, he is still very inexperienced. He will need a lot of reps to get better. It would be very easy for him to be drafted into a bad situation where he never gets those reps and is out of the league after his first contract expires. He is one of the few cases where I think he should return even though he is a likely first rounder (although there is no way he is a Top Ten pick - anyone who drafts him knows they are picking a backup center whose only current NBA skill is blocking shots, but still knows very little about the game and is the product of a zone defense -he's probably going in the 20s).

Kris is a borderline first rounder but I think he ends up dropping to the 2nd round.

Dion has certainly played himself out of the first round and probably out of the draft entirely, unless he has a monster post season.

I think Scoop is the most intriguing prospect of all. He is having a terrific season and has shown himself to be a leader and a very heady point guard. His age works against him - he'll be 24 this summer, one of the oldest guys in the draft - but his size, experience and skills are working for him, and there is always room in the NBA for solid backup point guards. Unless he screws the pooch in a tournament game and sends SU home early, then someone is going to take him in the 2nd round, and I would not be shocked to see Scoop end up having a six or eight year NBA career.
I dont think Scoop has a chance. He just isn't athletic enough... yes he has hit some big shots for us, but his game just does not translate to the NBA... at all. Solid, if mercurial college player, no NBA future. He is essentially every Pitt PG of the past decade +.

It shows Fab to the Nets - what happened to that Dwight guy I thought they were chasing ??[/quote]

Fab's a better free-throw shooter than that Dwight guy. ;)

I dont think Scoop has a chance. He just isn't athletic enough... yes he has hit some big shots for us, but his game just does not translate to the NBA... at all. Solid, if mercurial college player, no NBA future. He is essentially every Pitt PG of the past decade +.
we shall see . . . I just want to remind you that this league is so desperate for back up points that teams are still using slow as concrete guys like Derek Fisher and Baron Davis to try to get the ball upcourt. Scoop is a lot more athletic than a lot of backup points in the Association, and as a second rounder, a heckuva lot cheaper than a lot of them.

I'm betting he gets a long, serious look

Fab way too low, his game screams NBA, if Enes Kanter goes #3 last year, Fab will move up when the draft gets closer, can be effective shooting the ball from 15 feet which is a must in the pick and roll league, has good athleticsm and hands. Gauranteed when scouts look closer at his game and in workouts he will move up, defintely top 10. Dion, not so sure, I say he could get into the top 20 but the jump shot is not good enough yet.

Didn't Kanter dominate though in an AAU tourney and/or play well overseas in Turkey before the NBA? Fab still has a long way to go.

we shall see . . . I just want to remind you that this league is so desperate for back up points that teams are still using slow as concrete guys like Derek Fisher and Baron Davis to try to get the ball upcourt. Scoop is a lot more athletic than a lot of backup points in the Association, and as a second rounder, a heckuva lot cheaper than a lot of them.

I'm betting he gets a long, serious look
Which backup points is Scoop more athletic than? He has had a solid Sr. year, but I think he has a ZERO % chance of even getting a real look in the league... Yes, Fisher and Davis are in the league, but that is based on years of excellence, they are hanging around.. not a fair comp for Scoop. A fair comp would be Karl Krauser, or any of the other 10 year PGs who have played for Pitt recently. By the time they were seniors, the were solid and made winning plays (sound familiar)? But their games would never translate to the pros...

All this said, I would happily eat my shoe if he makes it - would be happy for him, and beyond shocked.

Yes, Fisher and Davis are in the league, but that is based on years of excellence, they are hanging around
Baron Davis did not have a job when the season started. He and Mike Bibby were signed out of desperation, and I am willing to bet that Scoop is better and more athletic (and much cheaper) than both of them right now.

I see the LA teams more than anyone else, and I will tell you that he is more athletic than either of the primary Laker point guards (Derek Fisher and Steve Blake) and at least the equal of third stringer Darius Morris

Baron Davis did not have a job when the season started. He and Mike Bibby were signed out of desperation, and I am willing to bet that Scoop is better and more athletic (and much cheaper) than both of them right now.

I see the LA teams more than anyone else, and I will tell you that he is more athletic than either of the primary Laker point guards (Derek Fisher and Steve Blake) and at least the equal of third stringer Darius Morris
I would love for you to be right, I just don't this he has a snowballs chance in hell. What does he do especially well? Aside from being a below average athlete, he has a hideously ugly jumpshot and a penchant for boneheaded plays, although that has improved this year. A solid college PG with no pro potential, at the NBA level at least.

Which backup points is Scoop more athletic than? He has had a solid Sr. year, but I think he has a ZERO % chance of even getting a real look in the league... Yes, Fisher and Davis are in the league, but that is based on years of excellence, they are hanging around.. not a fair comp for Scoop. A fair comp would be Karl Krauser, or any of the other 10 year PGs who have played for Pitt recently. By the time they were seniors, the were solid and made winning plays (sound familiar)? But their games would never translate to the pros...

All this said, I would happily eat my shoe if he makes it - would be happy for him, and beyond shocked.

Great comparison. Scoop is a krauser/levance fields/brandon knight type of player, just alot more likeable :D Scoop is too slow to be a serviceable pg in the association, or maybe plodding is a better word.

Good for KJ if he gets drafted
Bad for the team that drafts him

At this point, I would have to agree. He'll make an NBA squad, but for his SG-SF size, he's a little slow for the NBA. Think Demetrius Nichols, or Preston Shumpert. At best, he'll be Raf Addison. Which would be a very nice career, but I don't think KJ wll ever be in the primary rotation on a playoff quality team, much less a contender. Just keeping it real.

Damn. I saw the word mock and thought this was a Mike Brey fashion thread. Sorry about that. I'll leave now. Continue.

I would think Scoop would get a chance to make a team, in a position where he isn't guaranteed anything. Once he has that chance, I wouldn't count him out. I think he is the kind of guy that is tough as nails, works hard and tends to outperform people's expectations for him.

I kind of feel like KJo is the opposite. I think he has more natural talent and ability than Scoop, but I don't think he has the moxy to make a position for himself at the next level. I would love to be wrong about that.

I can't see why anyone would draft Dion right now. He has looked like an average college player with some upside given his ability to get to the rim......but his inability to consistently finish at the rim isn't a selling point. I don't know if I am convinced that he has the work ethic (once he cashes his first check) to improve on the job. If I were drafting I don't think I would spend my money on him.

If Melo insisted on entering the draft I would absolutely take with a low round pick and then figure out how to give him the experience he hasn't gotten to date. I think Melo has a choice this year between being a mid to low range first round pick and being put in a position where he will have a hard time getting off of someone's bench and have to develop on the job and coming back for another year where he could do some of that development work and be a much higher pick next year. If I were his agent choosing for him I would choose the later. If I were actually in his shoes, I might choose to go for the payday today given everything we've heard about his love for school.

I look at Anthony Carter and wonder why not Scoop?