Interesting quotes | Syracusefan.com

Interesting quotes

orangepassion

Nunzio Prophet
Apologies if already posted

"That was a bump in the road, two losses," guard Brandon Triche said. "The way the Big East is right now, with us down James and DaJuan (Coleman), you figure there are going to be bumps. We played against two tough teams that always play us tough, teams that play man to man and get up in you. Those are the toughest teams. With Notre Dame playing a little softer, we were able to have space. But with that said, to get a win, it definitely means a lot. You lose a few, you start to question yourself. But we won. So we don't have to worry about that."

Carter-Williams, the dynamic sophomore point guard, didn't actively discuss the Pittsburgh game turning into a Christmas break. But the 6-foot-9-inch sophomore got a touch on Syracuse's second possession Monday, and delivered a score at the rim to set at least a personal tone for the evening. "There were no specific conversations," Carter-Williams said. "But I think we both knew that I needed to get him the ball more, so he could have a chance to be a presence down low, and he was. That's just part of learning that I'm going through. I have to get him the ball more and he's doing a great job finishing."

Let's not forget this is MCW's 1st year w/ serious minutes-let's let him learn and cut him some slack,jack.
Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-basketball/news/20130205/syracuse-beats-notre-dame/#ixzz2K3V10s2m

its simple what happened with mcw. he started off playing great, then all the nba talk happened, he started reading his own press clippings. then when big east play started he wanted to be "the man" and prove all the nba talk is legit. too much 1 on 1 play, too much trying to take over games by himself. hopefully the nova and pitt games made him realize that aint gonna work. stop forcing things, play under control, get your teammates involved, take what the defense gives you. he gets back to doing that and we'll be tough to beat.

its simple what happened with mcw. he started off playing great, then all the nba talk happened, he started reading his own press clippings. then when big east play started he wanted to be "the man" and prove all the nba talk is legit. too much 1 on 1 play, too much trying to take over games by himself. hopefully the nova and pitt games made him realize that aint gonna work. stop forcing things, play under control, get your teammates involved, take what the defense gives you. he gets back to doing that and we'll be tough to beat.

Well, I don't know how "simple" it is, but that was a good synopsis. "Growing pains" comes to mind as well.

Well, I don't know how "simple" it is, but that was a good synopsis. "Growing pains" comes to mind as well.

Chelsea Noble was great in that show.

418D%2BsrBRTL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Chelsea Noble was my sister's Sorority bis sister at Geneseo

Apologies if already posted

"That was a bump in the road, two losses," guard Brandon Triche said. "The way the Big East is right now, with us down James and DaJuan (Coleman), you figure there are going to be bumps. We played against two tough teams that always play us tough, teams that play man to man and get up in you. Those are the toughest teams. With Notre Dame playing a little softer, we were able to have space. But with that said, to get a win, it definitely means a lot. You lose a few, you start to question yourself. But we won. So we don't have to worry about that."

Carter-Williams, the dynamic sophomore point guard, didn't actively discuss the Pittsburgh game turning into a Christmas break. But the 6-foot-9-inch sophomore got a touch on Syracuse's second possession Monday, and delivered a score at the rim to set at least a personal tone for the evening. "There were no specific conversations," Carter-Williams said. "But I think we both knew that I needed to get him the ball more, so he could have a chance to be a presence down low, and he was. That's just part of learning that I'm going through. I have to get him the ball more and he's doing a great job finishing."

Let's not forget this is MCW's 1st year w/ serious minutes-let's let him learn and cut him some slack,jack.
Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-basketball/news/20130205/syracuse-beats-notre-dame/#ixzz2K3V10s2m
INCREDIBLE Not one coach spoke to MCW about feeding the bigs!!!

If he really wants to make a splash in the NBA, MCW will have at least another year at SU. A bit more maturity & hoops polish could make him a top 3 for sure.

The thing that hurts him sometimes is his unwillingness to turn his back, if the risk for getting the ball stolen increases dramtically. He's got an excellent handle obviously & I don't believe he gives a second thought to the possibility of having it taken away. I love his confidence.

historically the SU guards have been horrific at feeding the post. Year after year no matter what the guard's skill level or skill set, they just dont feed the post with any degree of alacrity .

and SU also year after year has no idea how to box out on free throws.

other than that.. its all good.

I think it's more likely that we as fans are trying to find a reason for the way MCW has been playing lately rather than what is actually going through his head.

On a somewhat related note, a couple of things that I found interesting when going through the numbers:
1. MCW attempted 10 FGs per game before Big East play started. In the 3 Big East games that we had Southerland for, he attemped 12 FGs per game. In the Big East games that have followed, he has attempted 11 FGs per game (13 FGs per game if you take away the outlier that is the most recent game when he only attempted 3 FGs). So he really isn't shooting more since all of the hype went to his head. In fact, he's shooting less when you factor in that his minutes have increased.

2. In Big East play, up until these last two games, he had been playing about 38 minutes per game. The last two games, Boeheim has gotten him down to exactly 30 minutes in each of the games. I wonder if that is on purpose.

Edit: One more stat that I found kinda interesting is that despite the fact that it seems like Triche is a far better outside shooter, MCW is actually shooting a higher 3PT % since Big East play started (by just 0.1%, so they're basically even). Having said that, they're both shooting like absolute crap from 3 point range.

The huge difference in their efficiency scoring the ball is that Triche has shot 10% better from the FT line in Big East play and 20% from inside the arc in Big East play. He's shooting 53% on 2 pointers compared to just 32% from MCW.

I think it's more likely that we as fans are trying to find a reason for the way MCW has been playing lately rather than what is actually going through his head.

On a somewhat related note, a couple of things that I found interesting when going through the numbers:
1. MCW attempted 10 FGs per game before Big East play started. In the 3 Big East games that we had Southerland for, he attemped 12 FGs per game. In the Big East games that have followed, he has attempted 11 FGs per game (13 FGs per game if you take away the outlier that is the most recent game when he only attempted 3 FGs). So he really isn't shooting more since all of the hype went to his head. In fact, he's shooting less when you factor in that his minutes have increased.

2. In Big East play, up until these last two games, he had been playing about 38 minutes per game. The last two games, Boeheim has gotten him down to exactly 30 minutes in each of the games. I wonder if that is on purpose.

Edit: One more stat that I found kinda interesting is that despite the fact that it seems like Triche is a far better outside shooter, MCW is actually shooting a higher 3PT % since Big East play started (by just 0.1%, so they're basically even). Having said that, they're both shooting like absolute crap from 3 point range.

The huge difference in their efficiency scoring the ball is that Triche has shot 10% better from the FT line in Big East play and 20% from inside the arc in Big East play. He's shooting 53% on 2 pointers compared to just 32% from MCW.

Very good observations.

One thing that I am not certain how to factor in is that our overall number of shot attempts has declined during that span as well. In the 13 games making up our OOC schedule we attempted an average of 64.2 field goals per game, with some games being much, much higher than that. In the 9 Conference games we have played we have attempted only 55.2 shots per game.

If you break that down with James with out James it looks like this 63.8 shot attempts in games James played in, just 51.8 shot attempts in games since he has been out.

historically the SU guards have been horrific at feeding the post. Year after year no matter what the guard's skill level or skill set, they just dont feed the post with any degree of alacrity .
Sherman, Z, Pearl, Jason------------???

I think the Christmas break lasts too long as it is. To carry it into February leaves very little time to write questionable term papers.

Sherman, Z, Pearl, Jason------------???

yes. other than Z...those guys were not stellar at post feeds. sherman was an alley oop and fast break king..that is where he got his assists.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom