Interesting reaction from Steve Alford... | Syracusefan.com

Interesting reaction from Steve Alford...

bpo57

Living Legend
after the obligatory cheers from his team once their selection is announced, the team watches to see who they will play. When LB State is shown as the opponent you can see Alford shaking his hands in disgust. He knows he drew a nasty #12 seed. That guy Casper Ware is one of the best guards in the country. There were some strange seeds. Memphis an 8? (too low). Temple a 5? (Good team but that seems high).

Good. I lived in Iowa City while he was still coaching there and without exception every single person that met the guy said he was a huge douchebag - and his wife was worse. I'm quite sure there were people with good stories about him, and people that liked him, but I never met any of those people so I've always rooted against him. lol

I know there are couple other people that live in Iowa on the board, maybe they heard diff't stories.

Good. I lived in Iowa City while he was still coaching there and without exception every single person that met the guy said he was a huge douchebag - and his wife was worse. I'm quite sure there were people with good stories about him, and people that liked him, but I never met any of those people so I've always rooted against him. lol

I know there are couple other people that live in Iowa on the board, maybe they heard diff't stories.
F him in Iowa. I hate him from New Orleans in 1987. NOLA gonna be good to de Orange dis time. Who dat? The Cuse will be in the house!
LGO!!!

F him in Iowa. I hate him from New Orleans in 1987. NOLA gonna be good to de Orange dis time. Who dat? The Cuse will be in the house!
LGO!!!

Tell us how you really feel.

Nope heard the exact same stories. I live in Burlington Iowa and stories like that were common place here.

It is hard for me to seperate Steve from the 1987 loss, but the "dirty" name there was Smart - not Alford. But, as a New Mexican, I like the Lobos as a second team. So far, at least publicly, he has been a credit to the community and done a terrific job as the UNM coach.

It may well be that Steve has learned from whatever may have transpired in Iowa, where he actually also did a nice job on the court relative to the status of that program.

I know my (geographical) perspective is very different from most other Cuse fans, but I wish Steve & the Lobos luck and success in the Dance.

It is hard for me to seperate Steve from the 1987 loss, but the "dirty" name there was Smart - not Alford. But, as a New Mexican, I like the Lobos as a second team. So far, at least publicly, he has been a credit to the community and done a terrific job as the UNM coach.

It may well be that Steve has learned from whatever may have transpired in Iowa, where he actually also did a nice job on the court relative to the status of that program.

I know my (geographical) perspective is very different from most other Cuse fans, but I wish Steve & the Lobos luck and success in the Dance.
For no reason I have always been find of the Lobos.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk