Interesting takes on the top 50 players in the draft. | Syracusefan.com

Interesting takes on the top 50 players in the draft.

My takeaway is Dirty is considered one of the Top 50 players for the draft.
I was thinking that but for some reason they don't talk about the foreign dudes.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I was thinking that but for some reason they don't talk about the foreign dudes.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
True, although I think the foreign talent isn't overwhelming either.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I think it was negative but that's because this draft isn't strong. I agree with most of what I read.

I think it was negative but that's because this draft isn't strong. I agree with most of what I read.

Same here. Didn't find much in there that was that off base. Dirty is stiff. MCW does need more time. Still the right decision to go, but he needs more time.

44cuse

True, although I think the foreign talent isn't overwhelming either.

I'm surprised they only mentioned that Steven Adams is from New Zealand once in the blurb about him.

Most of these kids just finished their freshman or sophomore year. What the hell do the scouts and writers expect? They're not finished products. Almost all of them would benefit greatly from another year or 2 in college ball. Twenty years ago almost all of them would have stayed 3 or 4 years. Maybe the NBA should rethink their business model of taking these guys out and paying them millions to sit on the bench or play in the D league. Next year there will be a new crop and most of these kids will be tossed on the scrap heap. HS kids like LeBron or Kobe are 1 in a 1,000 or more.

Most of these kids just finished their freshman or sophomore year. What the hell do the scouts and writers expect? They're not finished products. Almost all of them would benefit greatly from another year or 2 in college ball. Twenty years ago almost all of them would have stayed 3 or 4 years. Maybe the NBA should rethink their business model of taking these guys out and paying them millions to sit on the bench or play in the D league. Next year there will be a new crop and most of these kids will be tossed on the scrap heap. HS kids like LeBron or Kobe are 1 in a 1,000 or more.

You make the crucial point: a lot of these players might have NBA careers IF they stayed in college and developed their games.
The way it is now...they better save their money because most are unlikely to get the attention and PT they need to develop into legit NBA players.
I hope MCW isn't another example.
He may be a lottery pick.
But I believe that had he stayed another year (or 2) his game would be spectacular and he'd be a top 5.

I have never considered Southerland a great athlete. Not in the class of CJ and Grant. Yea, he can jump through the gym but there is a mechanical quality to his movements and running style. He will always be a catch and shoot type of role player. Not sure he has the elite athleticism of a 2nd round pick but he is good at one thing the NBA likes, shooting.

Bradford Doolittle has Dirty ranked higher than most scouts - #36 in one of his advanced metrics, #41 in the other

Dirty's agent says he sees him going between 20 and 40

but none of the mocks show him being taken, and few if any of the anonymous scouts' comments we are seeing mention him (and when they do, are tepid at best). of course, maybe the scouts are sandbagging guys like Seth Davis to try and put other teams off the scent.

I would have thought that Dirty is the kind of guy you take late - like last ten picks - in the second round, or better yet snag as a UFA. But, if you are going by advanced metrics and have the luxury of a well-stocked team (e.g., OKC) that can afford to gamble, you go ahead and take him.

still, I will be surprised if he gets drafted.

Going by that, it looks like there are maybe 4-5 halfway decent players in the draft.
Sounds about par for most drafts. The key is finding that hidden gem from mid first on. That's the golden nugget.

Seth davis had us losing to Montana. Dude makes Forrest Gump look like Albert Einstein.

seth davis didn't write those comments.

boeheim is in love with the zone so he pretends and complains our kids can't play man. total fallacy imo . and yes it hurts come draft day.

boeheim is in love with the zone so he pretends and complains our kids can't play man. total fallacy imo . and yes it hurts come draft day.

That's too bad. Because according to MCW's interview with Jalen Rose and Simmons, Boeheim has the team practice man-to-man every day. Probably not for very long though.

how much actual practice time would you tie up on a defense you plan to play 5% of the time ? and that piddly 5% is mostly trunk monkey press.

how much actual practice time would you tie up on a defense you plan to play 5% of the time ? and that piddly 5% is mostly trunk monkey press.

Me personally, maybe 10% of practice time. But you do have to remember, our zone has man-to-man tendencies.

If you are playing a man team then a lot. You break into two teams 1st vs 2nd or a mix there of, both teams will play man and you working on you man to man offense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom