Interesting - Tufts (D3) 15 Dartmouth (D1) 9 | Syracusefan.com

Interesting - Tufts (D3) 15 Dartmouth (D1) 9

OrangeinBoston

All Conference
Tufts is a very good D3 team, and Dartmouth may be mediocre, but still...

and in WLAX

Tufts 11 Dartmouth 5

St Anselm is very good this year to. That’ll be an interesting watch.

Last edited:
Tufts is a very good D3 team, and Dartmouth may be mediocre, but still...
Tufts is a great D3 program. If I am remembering correctly, their leading scorer was a top 100 recruit before he switched from Villanova to Tufts (then IL conveniently left him out of their rankings). If they had their starting FOGO and hadn't played yesterday also, this game likely would have been even more out of hand for the Big Green. The top D3 programs are more talented and better coached than many of the bottom third D1 squads.

I think Dartmouth only had 6 practices before this game. Tufts has a very good team again this year.

Tufts is a great D3 program. If I am remembering correctly, their leading scorer was a top 100 recruit before he switched from Villanova to Tufts (then IL conveniently left him out of their rankings). If they had their starting FOGO and hadn't played yesterday also, this game likely would have been even more out of hand for the Big Green. The top D3 programs are more talented and better coached than many of the bottom third D1 squads.

true statement

true statement
Probably better funded too. Tufts is an STX school. Pretty sure Salisbury is a Warrior school.

Also, a slightly down Cabrini played Penn about as tough as the bottom D-1 programs would. Cabrini is probably a tier below Salisbury, Tufts, and RIT.

Maybe Hopkins should go D3 :)
"That may have come up before."

Some time ago, JHU said that if their grandfather/waiver clause went away for both lax programs, they would elevate all their sports to D1 to protect them. They supposedly have the money to do it. I'm willing to bet that the Patriot League would be more than happy to accept them. And since we're wildly speculating, maybe the Ivy takes them and Colgate in an expansion? I'm not sure Cornell and Penn would like to switch their last game of the year to Colgate and JHU, respectively, but they might.

"That may have come up before."

Some time ago, JHU said that if their grandfather/waiver clause went away for both lax programs, they would elevate all their sports to D1 to protect them. They supposedly have the money to do it. I'm willing to bet that the Patriot League would be more than happy to accept them. And since we're wildly speculating, maybe the Ivy takes them and Colgate in an expansion? I'm not sure Cornell and Penn would like to switch their last game of the year to Colgate and JHU, respectively, but they might.
What's up Howie. Did u go to game? May have been sitting close to ya as seated with UVA contingent. VA my second favorite team but cmon saber gotta stop the incessant complaining about refs.

Hopkins is a storied program in a hotbed. Lax is their sport identity and they are well endowed, should always remain d1 and be a national contender in whatever league

What's up Howie. Did u go to game? May have been sitting close to ya as seated with UVA contingent. VA my second favorite team but cmon saber gotta stop the incessant complaining about refs.

Hopkins is a storied program in a hotbed. Lax is their sport identity and they are well endowed, should always remain d1 and be a national contender in whatever league
I wasn't at the game. I was sitting in my TV room with steam coming out of my ears. Complaining about the refs is a go-to when you can't come up with an explanation for not doing as well as you expected to do. The most frustrating thing to me is the lack of consistency on offense. One minute we look like a juggernaut that can only be stopped in someone's wildest dreams and at others we can't even throw and catch.

I wasn't at the game. I was sitting in my TV room with steam coming out of my ears. Complaining about the refs is a go-to when you can't come up with an explanation for not doing as well as you expected to do. The most frustrating thing to me is the lack of consistency on offense. One minute we look like a juggernaut that can only be stopped in someone's wildest dreams and at others we can't even throw and catch.
Hey, welcome to our world! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom