Interesting tweets last knight | Syracusefan.com

Interesting tweets last knight

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
Post game celebration Phil Knight was seen wearing a championship hat and hugging WWW. Odd couple? Strange bedfellows? 2 peas in a pod? Who knows, but still interesting.

I prefer seeing/hearing about the huge number of ex-SU players at games and visiting the locker room. Seeing DC being a maniac on the TV. Does anyone know if any ex-Calamari players were present and noticeable?

Was just coming to post that. Here's Wes flashing the dynasty symbol to the UK faithful.

3fffccda7d4011e1ab011231381052c0_7.jpg

Jay-z was there, too. He is close with Wes.
image.jpg

What is WWW and Lebron's affiliation with Kentucky? I imagine they are somehow making millions of dollars from it.

Anthony Davis was charging right into the still delirious Kentucky section of the Superdome, where friends and family sit, after the Wildcats’ 67-59 victory over Kansas in the national title game. He was searching for his family. First he found the program’s friends.
He came across William Wesley, the basketball power broker who’s befriended stars from Michael Jordan to LeBron James. The two locked in a long embrace, rocking back and forth in celebration. When Worldwide Wes let go, Davis moved on to Lynn Merritt, Nike Basketball’s senior director and a man of immense influence in the game.
Later in the locker room, Davis and the rest of the Wildcats would hug it out with Phil Knight, the Nike founder and freshly minted Hall of Famer who was wearing the same “No 1 Greater” championship hat they were. Soon Knight and Wes were locked in joy themselves.
Ashley Judd was at the Superdome cheering. Jay-Z came to the game Saturday. Drake is a regular. LeBron once even attended a game in Lexington and when the cheerleaders spelled out K-E-N-T-U-C-K-Y, he was the “Y.”

John Calipari’s program isn’t just the hottest in the country after it captured its eighth NCAA title andCal spoke boldly about placing six of his players (three of them freshmen) in the first round of June’s NBA draft.

Wouldn't be surprised if Calipari flew up to New Hampshire to see Noel in the next few days.

Pete Thamel @PeteThamelNYT
Calipari's final quote: "What i'm hoping is that there's six first rounders on this team. That's why I've got to go recruiting on Friday."

Anthony Davis was charging right into the still delirious Kentucky section of the Superdome, where friends and family sit, after the Wildcats’ 67-59 victory over Kansas in the national title game. He was searching for his family. First he found the program’s friends.
He came across William Wesley, the basketball power broker who’s befriended stars from Michael Jordan to LeBron James. The two locked in a long embrace, rocking back and forth in celebration. When Worldwide Wes let go, Davis moved on to Lynn Merritt, Nike Basketball’s senior director and a man of immense influence in the game.
Later in the locker room, Davis and the rest of the Wildcats would hug it out with Phil Knight, the Nike founder and freshly minted Hall of Famer who was wearing the same “No 1 Greater” championship hat they were. Soon Knight and Wes were locked in joy themselves.
Ashley Judd was at the Superdome cheering. Jay-Z came to the game Saturday. Drake is a regular. LeBron once even attended a game in Lexington and when the cheerleaders spelled out K-E-N-T-U-C-K-Y, he was the “Y.”

John Calipari’s program isn’t just the hottest in the country after it captured its eighth NCAA title andCal spoke boldly about placing six of his players (three of them freshmen) in the first round of June’s NBA draft.

If us, a similar article would have been talking about our players running around hugging DC, Billy Owens, Wallace, Rony, Pearl or any one of about 50 different players I have seen at past NCAA games at one time or another. Guess UK or Calamari didn't have any ex-players there. The contrast is obvious.

Post game celebration Phil Knight was seen wearing a championship hat and hugging WWW. Odd couple? Strange bedfellows? 2 peas in a pod? Who knows, but still interesting.

I prefer seeing/hearing about the huge number of ex-SU players at games and visiting the locker room. Seeing DC being a maniac on the TV. Does anyone know if any ex-Calamari players were present and noticeable?

Um, where are the tweets???

The title of this thread starts with "Interesting tweets" -- What gives?

Who would Calimari's former players be? Derrick Rose, Tyreke Evans, Marcus Camby...oh yeah, wrong program.

How about Jamal Magliore, Antoine Carr, Ron Mercer, Tayshaun Prince, Kenny Walker, Sam Bowie...oh yeah, under a different coach.

Really given the lack of continuity and only one year spent there by most of their better Calipari Alums is Lebron more a stretch as part of the Kentucky family than Wall or Cousins? Is Phil Knight all that big a stretch from Brandon Knight.

Do people really think of guys like Wall, Cousins, Knight and soon Davis and Kidd-Gilchrist as true Kentucky Blue Blood Alums or rent a star players that will only be involved when it suits them or when there is a party to attend.

If us, a similar article would have been talking about our players running around hugging DC, Billy Owens, Wallace, Rony, Pearl or any one of about 50 different players I have seen at past NCAA games at one time or another. Guess UK or Calamari didn't have any ex-players there. The contrast is obvious.
It's because his players in the NBA never really had a chance to share that 4-year bond with their coach like many of JB's did.

Isn't it obvious that the people doing the most celebrating were the agents and the whole CAA connection? There's a reason that 5 of the top 8 recruits in the country are all going to Calipari U every year. The NCAA is just willfully blind to this sham that is going to ruin college basketball choosing instead to focus on infractions like excessive text messaging at lesser schools. The whole thing is sickening.

Does Phil Knight celebrate with the team, wearing their championship gear, everytime a Nike team wins a title? I don't seem to remember that ever happening.

Um, where are the tweets???

The title of this thread starts with "Interesting tweets" -- What gives?

The tweets were about what I posted. Saw them last night, not going back to find them today. Thamel was one, that's all I remember. There were 3 I saw but 1 may have been a RT. Sorry, that's all you're getting.

Do people really think of guys like Wall, Cousins, Knight and soon Davis and Kidd-Gilchrist as true Kentucky Blue Blood Alums or rent a star players that will only be involved when it suits them or when there is a party to attend.

How is it any different than Carmelo? Serious question.

Isn't it obvious that the people doing the most celebrating were the agents and the whole CAA connection? There's a reason that 5 of the top 8 recruits in the country are all going to Calipari U every year. The NCAA is just willfully blind to this sham that is going to ruin college basketball choosing instead to focus on infractions like excessive text messaging at lesser schools. The whole thing is sickening.
Did yall ever figure out the conspiracy? How many of those guys signed with CAA agents? With 20 guys from the last 5 years making the NBA there should be a clear pattern to show the media and NCAA.

Did yall ever figure out the conspiracy? How many of those guys signed with CAA agents? With 20 guys from the last 5 years making the NBA there should be a clear pattern to show the media and NCAA.
we figured it out.

now go find the post with the answer.

:crazy:

to be fair all those SU players are retired Cals Kentucky pros are still playing so they might be a little busy

How is it any different than Carmelo? Serious question.
Carmelo's affection and ours to him is genuine. He has given and given to our program. It was evident when he was playing here.
He is the finest basketball player to ever grace this program.
In Kentucky your a cog.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom