Interesting view from Duke ... | Syracusefan.com

Interesting view from Duke ...

“I have good friends at Syracuse, so I get bullied,” said Kit Devine, a freshman. “Grayson has been a pretty big deal.”

Good lord. Bullied?

Sadly indicative of the pervasive snowflake mentality.

We used to call it busting chops. The remedy was to bust back.

“I have good friends at Syracuse, so I get bullied,” said Kit Devine, a freshman. “Grayson has been a pretty big deal.”

Good lord. Bullied?

I don't think she was exactly crying about it. You're the one who had the over-sensitive 'snowflake' reaction.

Good lord. Bullied?

No relation.

I don't think she was exactly crying about it. You're the one who had the over-sensitive 'snowflake' reaction.

So impressive you can tell all that from her -- or his -- quote.

My tendency was to focus on what was actually said.

Perhaps you missed the word "bullied."

Yeah, it's a term that's been around a long time and has a ton of room for nuance and interpretation. "I was bullied" is a more succinct, to the point, way of saying others would break his balls or bust his chops, both of which are very slight forms of bullying but do fall under the category. You seemed to jump straight to the conclusion that he/she was a delicate snowflake who felt severely injusticed by said bullying when it's equally or more likely that it was simply a synonym used in place of colloquial phrases.

C'mon...get with reality.
As soon as you suggest anything the least bit negative about someone it's "bullying."
So let's be clear: Grayson Allen is a disgraceful punk.
Duke should be embarrassed for him...since he apparently lacks any quality of shame.

Yeah, it's a term that's been around a long time and has a ton of room for nuance and interpretation. "I was bullied" is a more succinct, to the point, way of saying others would break his balls or bust his chops, both of which are very slight forms of bullying but do fall under the category. You seemed to jump straight to the conclusion that he/she was a delicate snowflake who felt severely injusticed by said bullying when it's equally or more likely that it was simply a synonym used in place of colloquial phrases.

Gotcha. I don't speak snowflake, so I appreciate the linguistic dissertation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom