Interview With Tyler Ennis | Syracusefan.com

Interview With Tyler Ennis

Funny how TE was always in the conversation on this board as one of the elite freshmen. It was pretty unanimous among posters that Tyler was going to be very good. The only question seemed to be how long it would take in his first year to adapt to the college game.

He adapted quickly. The national media was a little slower, but they're coming along..

I find this quote curious:
"I've started four freshmen point guards since I've been the head coach at Syracuse," Boeheim said. "I'm as comfortable with [Ennis] as any of the point guards I've started. I've had some pretty good ones."

By my count the actual number is 8:
Pearl
Mike Edwards (I can understand why JB wants to forget him)
Autry
Hart
McNamara
Flynn
Triche (asterisk here, because Rautins was the lead guard on that squad, even though Triche was nominally the point)
Ennis

which ones do you think JB was omitting?

Pearl
Autry
Hart
McNamara
Flynn
Triche (asterisk here, because Rautins was the lead guard on that squad, even though Triche was nominally the point)
Ennis

Pearl, McNamara, Flynn, Ennis are the guys I think he is counting.

Pearl
Autry
Hart
McNamara
Flynn
Ennis

You know our starting back court in that infamous Richmond game was Freshman Autry and our SG was the 5'7 or whatever Mike Edwards?

It's a miracle we were a 2 seed.

Funny how TE was always in the conversation on this board as one of the elite freshmen. It was pretty unanimous among posters that Tyler was going to be very good. The only question seemed to be how long it would take in his first year to adapt to the college game.

He adapted quickly. The national media was a little slower, but they're coming along..
The one thing I would say is that this board hypes up A LOT of incoming freshman. Rarely do they pan out immediately like Tyler. So it's hard to give SF much credit for calling this one...

The one thing I would say is that this board hypes up A LOT of incoming freshman. Rarely do they pan out immediately like Tyler. So it's hard to give SF much credit for calling this one...

True that.