Invention Idea | Syracusefan.com

Invention Idea

Anything on the surface of the ball seems suspect. The impact stress probably causes the ball to temporarily change shape.
As a first step, go to the US patent website and search for patents that involve the same problem. As a next step, build a working model and field test it. You are tackling a problem that many before you have probably grappled with. Perhaps make the ball slightly radioactive with some internal radon like the old glow in the dark wrist watches? I hold a patent on a Nordic ski that will neither slip backwards nor add drag when going fowards.
engaged 017.jpg

Thought of this golf ball finder invention idea. If you guys could take 1 second and just click "vote" on the right side of the link below, would be appreciated. If i ever made money off this thing, take my word 5% of profits would be directly deposited to SU Athletics.

http://www.quirky.com/invent/688047/action/vote/query/sort=ending_soon&categories=all
The worst thing for me is losing a golf ball in the 1st or 2nd cut of rough when you know exactly where it should be. I'm surprised yellow golf balls never caught on but maybe you could invent some type of marker/highlighter that could be applied to a ball that would transmit a signal or be more highly visable through special glasses.

I'm of the thought that the ball manufacturers already had developed a golf ball that has a tracking device imbedded but will not sell it due to potential loss revenues within the golf ball market.

A mark is one thing. Something attached or adhering to the ball would be illegal.

You cant attatch tape to the ball, thats illegal. Plus it would alter the way the ball would fly, roll, etc.

Just hit it in play and you wont have any issues.

Just hit it where its supposed to go. I am often reminded of the Irish gentleman my wife and I met while walking the course where we're staying near Killarny. It was near sunset and he was playing a round with two or three balls at a time. As we walked by the green that he was approaching, a couple of his balls were in the green side rough which was rather long and thick. As way to make conversation I said "boy, this course makes it tough on you, doesn't it?" He told me in his most matter of fact Irish brogue, "no I make it tough on myself."

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
people also need to watch where their balls go if they hit them off line. I played Oak Hill yesterday and a guy in my foursome never watched his ball when he hit a bad drive constantly turning away and muttering to himself. This led to us searching for his ball all day long. If people actually watched where their ball ended up they would be able to find it a lot faster.

people also need to watch where their balls go if they hit them off line. I played Oak Hill yesterday and a guy in my foursome never watched his ball when he hit a bad drive constantly turning away and muttering to himself. This led to us searching for his ball all day long. If people actually watched where their ball ended up they would be able to find it a lot faster.
We have to do that with Tomcat me too. :cool:

Just curious, did you get to 13 in two?;)

Last edited by a moderator:

What is the fine for an admin tampering with a moderator's post, Tommmmmmmmmmm?

It has to be some kind of freedom of speech or freedom of the press violation!

As everyone knows I'm a boring down the middle golfer. I'm too old & weak to hit it out of sight.

I am an ex-golfer. My game stunk, I was the ultimate anti-Tiger.

I never had a problem finding my golf balls. They were always in the middle of ponds or deep into the woods. If not there, then generally the ball was still on the tee.

An old story: A guy hits his ball into deep rough, but finds it immediately when it starts emitting a beeping sound. His playing partner is surprised and curious and the guy admits it's a terrific ball. It always beeps in the rough, or woods, it has little floatation devices the pop out when it's hit into water and if you're playing at dusk it begins to glow. The partner says that's amazing and asks where the guy got it. The guy says, "I found it."

No chance. Played over 600 yards. I hit Driver - 3 wood - 6 iron. Made par

No chance. Played over 600 yards. I hit Driver - 3 wood - 6 iron. Made par
Did you play the tees as they were for three rounds of the PGA or from where several reached in two?

When you are a duffer, losing balls is a whole mini-game, the outcome of which depends on how many you find.

Last edited:
When you are a duffer, loosing balls is a whole mini-game, the outcome of which depends on how many you find.

It's the 20th hole, try to return home with more balls than you started with..

1. What is "weightless tape?" How can that possibly exist?
2. More to do with the QUIRKY site, but how are ideas protected? I would be very wary about publishing concepts that are expected to be novel. I used to develop/create products, and i'm certain there are unscrupulous people out there who would mine sites like this. Heck, there are countries out there which are known for unfair trade practices. And, they have all the manufacturing resources in the world. 'First to the marketplace' — that's a race you have to win.