Iowa pauses workouts for 14 days | Syracusefan.com

Iowa pauses workouts for 14 days

Johnson County, where Iowa City, home of the Hawkeyes, is located has consistently been one of the highest case count since the pandemic started. It isn't a surprise at all to see this happen.

Johnson County, where Iowa City, home of the Hawkeyes, is located has consistently been one of the highest case count since the pandemic started. It isn't a surprise at all to see this happen.
Agreed, my wife works at the U. That county has been one of the highest from the get. The numbers for Iowa HS baseball and softball have been pretty good overall.

If it's like Nebraska people don't see to be worried, they don't wear masks nor social distance. Legion baseball here has played also but games have been cancelled when teams get cases.

Agreed, my wife works at the U. That county has been one of the highest from the get. The numbers for Iowa HS baseball and softball have been pretty good overall.

Baseball/softball, tennis, golf - they seem pretty safe to play. Basketball and football are going to be tough.

wow. they and Illinois are legit contenders now, both prob top-5 nationally

Yes Iowa should be really good. I can kinda see why Garza might not have the athleticism to be a great NBA prospect but he sure is a fun college player to watch and should do well overseas with the contacts his family has

Yes Iowa should be really good. I can kinda see why Garza might not have the athleticism to be a great NBA prospect but he sure is a fun college player to watch and should do well overseas with the contacts his family has
yep agree, not sure he's an nba player (who knows?) but he's a helluva college player and apparently has worked on his 3pt shot enough to where he's gonna be more of a nightmare to defend than before - and it's not like he'll have chopped liver around him (I really like Wisekamp's game too)

Baseball/softball, tennis, golf - they seem pretty safe to play. Basketball and football are going to be tough.

Just playing the sport, probably so, but nothing is really that simple. Was walking through my local park today and there was a HS age girls softball tournament going on. I happened to be walking through after a game ended. Both teams were huddled together (separately) no masks having their post games. 12-15 players plus 2-3 coaches in each huddle. Only takes one of the girls having a parent or sibling who works a job where they get exposed and it rips through the whole team. Was the post game close quarters discussion necessary? No, it’s just what they are used to doing, so they do it.

If it's like Nebraska people don't see to be worried, they don't wear masks nor social distance. Legion baseball here has played also but games have been cancelled when teams get cases.

Nothing like closing the barn after the horses all left.

Here in Iowa, there seem to more people who are not worried than are worried, at least in my corner of the state. People are resigned to the fact they will either get it or they won't. It-covid- will pop up in a very remote spot, while seemingly ignoring a larger populated area. No one wants to get it, and no one wants anyone to die from it, but even following the strictest protocols across the nation nothing has seemed to really stem . So people have chosen to try and regain as much as their life back. Is there certain risks? Absolutely. They are just saying if you chose not to attend, it is your right, and you will not be made fun of for living in fear. But it is their right to not live in fear as well, and that is what they are now choosing to do.

Here in Iowa, there seem to more people who are not worried than are worried, at least in my corner of the state. People are resigned to the fact they will either get it or they won't. It-covid- will pop up in a very remote spot, while seemingly ignoring a larger populated area. No one wants to get it, and no one wants anyone to die from it, but even following the strictest protocols across the nation nothing has seemed to really stem . So people have chosen to try and regain as much as their life back. Is there certain risks? Absolutely. They are just saying if you chose not to attend, it is your right, and you will not be made fun of for living in fear. But it is their right to not live in fear as well, and that is what they are now choosing to do.

Uh, nothing has seemed to really stem?
Donald, is that you?? :rolleyes:

We ABSOLUTELY know what works - Social Distancing and mask usage - and those places that actually did it, and stuck with it, got the virus under control.
Like here, in NY.
You know - Ground Zero, the hotbed, back in March and April.

Now - one of the safer places in 'Murica to be, because we got scared straight with all the deaths and hospitals being overrun, so we did what needed to be done.

Elsewhere - they stroked each other off about how smart they were to not shelter in place or mandate shutdowns and/or mask usage, and now they're - quite predictably - reaping the results of that.

Their "choosing not to live in fear" IS ENDANGERING EVERYBODY ELSE.

IF the only risk was that stupid people would get themselves sick, then fine - YOLO baby!!!
But they are getting OTHERS sick by virtue of their stupidity.
THAT IS NOT OK.

wow. they and Illinois are legit contenders now, both prob top-5 nationally
Iowa’s defense was worse than ours last season and probably won’t improve all that much, if at all, this season. There’s a reason they finished outside the top 30 on Torvik and are currently projected around the same right now. McCaffery has also never gotten over the hump, if I remember correctly he’s never had a team be seeded better than 6 or 7.

I think they’re probably a top 20 team but I’ll be going against the grain when most people are in love with them when the season rolls around. Pure fade mode from a gambling perspective for the first month or so of the season.

Iowa’s defense was worse than ours last season and probably won’t improve all that much, if at all, this season. There’s a reason they finished outside the top 30 on Torvik and are currently projected around the same right now. McCaffery has also never gotten over the hump, if I remember correctly he’s never had a team be seeded better than 6 or 7.

I think they’re probably a top 20 team but I’ll be going against the grain when most people are in love with them when the season rolls around. Pure fade mode from a gambling perspective for the first month or so of the season.

Those are definitely the 2 major questions. McCaffery is far from a defensive genius and his teams do tend to be a bit streaky and hit a lull each season where they don't play very well. It will be interesting to see if that changes this season and they get to the next level

yep I hear you and I'm no Fran fan - but I just think offensively they'll be unstoppable and will simply outscore the vast majority of teams they play

This is the height of idiocy. Our generations (Baby Boomers are probably the worst) have no sense of sacrifice for the greater good. I mean, we’re not even talking about the kinds of sacrifices that the WWII generation had to make. Simply wear masks out in public (no exceptions) and maintain social distancing. This is not an imposition. If an effective vaccine or treatment can be created in the next year, how is that one year (maybe less) of wearing masks and social distancing not worth it for the greater good and, um, avoiding potential death?

This is the height of idiocy. Our generations (Baby Boomers are probably the worst) have no sense of sacrifice for the greater good. I mean, we’re not even talking about the kinds of sacrifices that the WWII generation had to make. Simply wear masks out in public (no exceptions) and maintain social distancing. This is not an imposition. If an effective vaccine or treatment can be created in the next year, how is that one year (maybe less) of wearing masks and social distancing not worth it for the greater good and, um, avoiding potential death?

The height of idiocy? Really? So why did the Marlins come down with it even before the start of the season, taking the most extreme measures they could take? How about the cardinals, how did they get it when they are doing all the things "right"? People here wear masks, and for the most part practice social distancing. They are simply saying they are going to do what they have to, but not give up their life. If you chose to isolate yourself, feel free to go ahead and do it. Just don't expect the farmer out here to stay hovered inside, he has crops to take care of so you can order in and eat it. Thank God and then thank the farmers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom