Iowa = rich man’s Syracuse | Syracusefan.com

Iowa = rich man’s Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alsacs

Living Legend
Iowa does what we want to do.
Put a lot of shooting on the floor and have spacing.
McCaffrey can coach offense

Difference between the teams is they have a lot more athleticism on defense.

Iowa also has 2 coaches sons playing for their dad.

We just don’t have a Keegan Murray on our team.

Last edited:
B1G schools have bigger budget. Even Rutgers is now better than us because they can spend like crazy.

B1G schools have bigger budget. Even Rutgers is now better than us because they can spend like crazy.

We were the 4th richest program as of last year. We're not bad because we can't spend money

because half of their good players didn’t transfer for….reasons.
Man, that gets so old. Richmond averages 9.2 pts per game. A good player but not the great player so many on this board tried to make him out to be. And he left because he didn't like Syracuse university for whatever reason. It wasn't all basketball. Newton, another stud is averaging 2.3 pts per game. QG is averaging 9.4 ppg and a whopping 5 rebounds a game,. And Braswell is averaging 8.9 ppg. We didn't lose the fab 5. Now, they would have given us different skill sets than we have because every guy on our team is basically the same guy. And that isn't good. But let's stop making the guys that left better than they were or are.

Man, that gets so old. Richmond averages 9.2 pts per game. A good player but not the great player so many on this board tried to make him out to be. And he left because he didn't like Syracuse university for whatever reason. It wasn't all basketball. Newton, another stud is averaging 2.3 pts per game. QG is averaging 9.4 ppg and a whopping 5 rebounds a game,. And Braswell is averaging 8.9 ppg. We didn't lose the fab 5. Now, they would have given us different skill sets than we have because every guy on our team is basically the same guy. And that isn't good. But let's stop making the guys that left better than they were or are.
So we lost 3 good players?

And a 4th who is better than Benny?

Like I said….

And why are we only talking about ppg with Kadary? Assists, rebounds, and defense count?

I think we’re 2nd in the ACC and playing for a protected seed with Kadary, Q, and Bras on the team.

The positive news is this isn’t some structural “we can’t possibly compete against these monstrous rich schools” situations as insinuated above.

So we lost 3 good players?

And a 4th who is better than Benny?

Like I said….

And why are we only talking about ppg with Kadary? Assists, rebounds, and defense count?
I know he was payton like on defense. And I didn't say we lost three good players. 2 and we brought in one. the loss of those guys isn't the reason we aren't better. If they were here and the guys we brought in weren't, we would be in the same soup. We don't have a stud. And that is the difference between this team and our good teams. Put a top flight forward on this team and we are good. And that forward would not be Woody or Braswell Or QG QG is certainly better than those two but he isn't exactly setting the world on fire. Everyone last year thought our guys sucked and our recruiting sucked until they leave.

Rutgers won't sustain success. They have a ton of seniors that's why they are winning and they are only 16 and 10.
I would sign up for 16-10 about right now.

I know he was payton like on defense. And I didn't say we lost three good players. 2 and we brought in one. the loss of those guys isn't the reason we aren't better. If they were here and the guys we brought in weren't, we would be in the same soup. We don't have a stud. And that is the difference between this team and our good teams. Put a top flight forward on this team and we are good. And that forward would not be Woody or Braswell Or QG QG is certainly better than those two but he isn't exactly setting the world on fire. Everyone last year thought guys sucked and our recruiting sucked until they leave.
I said we lost 3 good players and stick to that. Bras is a good defender and 3 point shooter.

We stink on defense. Kadary and Bras were huge losses on that front, and QG looks like Michael Cooper compared to JB.

Kadary, Buddy, Joe (with Symir as the 4th guy if he wanted it)

QG, Cole, Bras (maybe with Jimmy as the 4th guy for depth, like we were sold on here)

Jesse, Frank, Sidibe

I think that team is really good. It’s too bad we got worse from last year, despite only graduating Marek.

I said we lost 3 good players and stick to that. Bras is a good defender and 3 point shooter.

We stink on defense. Kadary and Bras were huge losses on that front, and QG looks like Michael Cooper compared to JB.

Kadary, Buddy, Joe (with Symir as the 4th guy if he wanted it)

QG, Cole, Bras (maybe with Jimmy as the 4th guy for depth, like we were sold on here)

Jesse, Frank, Sidibe

I think that team is really good. It’s too bad we got worse from last year, despite only graduating Marek.
I don't think anyone could disagree with that. Except, Kadary didn't want to be in Syracuse. I think Covid had more to do with it than anything on the basketball court. Braswell wanted more and to be closer to home. I wish Kadary was here and QG too. But QG wanted to be something that would not help our team. The bigger issue is still that we aren't getting that guy. the Forward that for 40 years we did get. Put that guy on this team and we are good. It doesn't have to be a Melo. There are only a couple of those. But the Orr's. The Wallace's. The Johnson's. The Warrick's. That is the difference in us. A guy that gets a hoop when we need it down low. Or a 3. A guy the defense has to be so worried about that Buddy and Joe and Cole are left open. Can you imagine what Jesse would like like with that guy next to him? That is the problem. The Head Coach isn't working the way a head coach needs to work to get guys like that. A number of reasons starting with his age. The pics sure didn't help us. Not only was he away, he took Hopkins with him. For all of this teams warts, they have pluses that with the right added guy, would make all of the difference. And the guy, wasn't Jimmy. Honest to god, no knock on him. He has tried as hard as he can. And he isn't a bad player but he just gave us what we already had. This team needed a big stud. And with the way things are now, we are never getting him again. When we couldn't get Stewart, what did they tell us?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors