Ironic 10th anniversary | Syracusefan.com

Ironic 10th anniversary

cto

Administrator
Exactly 10 years ago today, SU's original invitation to join the ACC was derailed ... when the ACC rescinded our invite and invited Virginia Tech instead (the end result of pressure on UVA from the governor of Virginia).

It does not seem like an entire decade has come and gone, but it has. Ten years of frustration regarding the ACC snub ... finally ends at the stroke of midnight today.

A lot of great memories in the BE over the last 10 years though. Maybe it was a blessing in disguise. Leaving the BE is a little easier today than it would have been 10 years ago.
You're right about the great memories of the past 10 years. Without those years, there would have been no "GMac tourney' in 2006 and no Six OT game in 2009. The decade does seem a bit different when viewed like that.

Exactly 10 years ago today, SU's original invitation to join the ACC was derailed ... when the ACC rescinded our invite and invited Virginia Tech instead (the end result of pressure on UVA from the governor of Virginia).

It does not seem like an entire decade has come and gone, but it has. Ten years of frustration regarding the ACC snub ... finally ends at the stroke of midnight today.

And 10 years since the Maryland Mole gave Bees the exact scenario of how all this would play out with 16 team super conferences, the demise of existing leagues, poaching, etc. Deep Throat had nothing on the Maryland Mole. Bees had how college hoop would play out down to the last nickel and he had it 10 years ago. And, if memory serves, he had that we fell out of the ACC at the last second over politics. Amazing.

Honestly, it feels like it was longer than 10 years ago, in my opinion. I also live in VA so I've had to deal with UVA and VT ever since so that probably made it infinitely more aggravating..

now theres a day i wish we could pull all threads from and read.

emotions ranged from outrage, to frustration, to disbelief, to anger, to people forming a lynch mob to go after bees and his 'mole', to happyness (you know who you are) to stunned silence.

im sure we lost as many posters as we gained that day. the pool was full of sharks and it was a frenzy.

good times, good times.

a decade.

wow.

thank God for Jack Daniels, a couple of Pinstripe Bowls and James Arthur Boeheim.