Is 31,000+ the largest crowd ever for a... | Syracusefan.com

Is 31,000+ the largest crowd ever for a...

jncuse

I brought the Cocaine to the White House
"Middle of the Pack" Team in a game with no special importance. Obviously, Georgetown will always have extra importance, and Rutgers was senior day.

But just a normal home game vs an average conference team. How many times have we had higher? I know attendance was high in the late 80's and maybe it happened for some of those mid-level Big East teams.

4th crowd over 30k this year. Last time we had that many was 90'-91', we had 6 that year.

"Middle of the Pack" Team in a game with no special importance. Obviously, Georgetown will always have extra importance, and Rutgers was senior day.

But just a normal home game vs an average conference team. How many times have we had higher? I know attendance was high in the late 80's and maybe it happened for some of those mid-level Big East teams.

This happened for the 2003 team. As the home season was winding down, we got some crazy attendance figures, because people figured out how good the team could be, and wanted to be part of it, and be able to say they had seen them (particularly Melo) in person. We drew some crazy number for DePaul (30K+) that year toward the end of the season, IIRC. There are only 2 home games left - BC next Wednesday, and then Ga Tech for Senior Day. Both will probably top 30,000.

This happened for the 2003 team. As the home season was winding down, we got some crazy attendance figures, because people figured out how good the team could be, and wanted to be part of it, and be able to say they had seen them (particularly Melo) in person. We drew some crazy number for DePaul (30K+) that year toward the end of the season, IIRC. There are only 2 home games left - BC next Wednesday, and then Ga Tech for Senior Day. Both will probably top 30,000.

Both are weeknight games. BC no way, 27-28k range for that one. GT being senior day maybe they crack 30K, but I'm still betting 60/40 they don't.

Rutgers was more Freshmen day

Depaul = Rutgers... also, the game wasnt on TV in Syracuse.

Also... 31k looked to be cooked to my eye.

Last edited:
Rutgers was more Freshmen day

Rutgers was the final regular season game in 2003. It drew 33,200+, breaking the record set for DC's last game in 1990. It was a weekend afternoon game, Sunday, I think.

If we run the table to Georgia Tech you better believe we will crack 30,000.

Mu guess would be (announced attendance) - BC 27,500...GTech 30,500

Rutgers was the final regular season game in 2003. It drew 33,200+, breaking the record set for DC's last game in 1990. It was a weekend afternoon game, Sunday, I think.

I know exactly what it is... It was a good bye to our Freshman who wasn't returning for his Soph year.

As great as Kueth was, he wasnt the main attraction that day. Not by a long shot.

Kueth became great with the sum of his parts when adding in the national championship and giving him the "sr leader" title. He would be remembered on a more similar path as Terrence Roberts had they lost in the sweet 16.

Hence the reason it was Freshman day and not Senior day and the reason for the attendance spike.

Not an insult to Kueth... but it is the truth. Kueth and his family are awesome.

That GT Tech game is going to be the lats dome appearance for Baye, CJ, Grant, and Ennis. They better crack 30k. I don't care if it is a weeknight or not.

That GT Tech game is going to be the lats dome appearance for Baye, CJ, Grant, and Ennis. They better crack 30k. I don't care if it is a weeknight or not.

not ennis.