Is C.J. Fair an All-American next year? | Syracusefan.com

Is C.J. Fair an All-American next year?

Jeremy L.

2018 Iggy Regular Season Record Winner
If he keeps up his consistent play going into next year, and maybe average about 17 and 8 boards, can he be an All-American for this team?

If he is he will so within the team concept. CJ is very easy to root for.

He'd be an All-American this year if our guards didn't take 25 shots a game and shoot 25% from the field.
That's why I said it depends on his teammates.

He was playing like one tonight but our backcourt decided that he didn't need to touch the ball in the last 8 minutes of the game. I just don't know how that's possible but it happened. Someone please tell our backcourt that the opposing coach wants them to shoot it instead of defering to CJ and James. CJ was only being stopped by our backcourt.

Serious question: Has anyone ever seen CJ call for the ball?

Besides actually flashing to the ball, the only time I've seen him call for it is when he's open in the corner for a three. He's one of the most unselfish players I've seen play at Syracuse, yet he can score so easily.

You can't be serious? So now it's on CJ not the guards that he never touched the ball from the 8 minute mark to the last 30 seconds? Really. Worst question I've ever seen on this board. Did you watch the game and see how unstoppable CJ was?

Besides actually flashing to the ball, the only time I've seen him call for it is when he's open in the corner for a three. He's one of the most unselfish players I've seen play at Syracuse, yet he can score so easily.

I agree. I absolutely love him. He's been my favorite player since we both arrived on campus at the same time.

But having said that, at what point should he receive some blame as well for letting MCW and Triche ignore him, and letting the offense get away from him?

Just like MCW's desire to be THE guy and the way that he forces passes is both his blessing and his curse, I think you can argue that Fair's ability to play within the flow of the offense is the same way. At it's best, he's an incredibly efficient scorer that has a knack for being in the right place at the right time. But in times like these where we squander leads, his failure to demand the ball and try to make something happen is one of his faults as well. Kevin Durant had that same problem (and still does at times) where he seems ok with deferring to Westbrook even if he's having an incredible game and Westbrook is struggling.

This isn't to say that our team squandering leads is in no part MCW and Triche's fault, because it is, but I honestly don't think Fair should be given a pass either. If the team forgets about him for such long stretches, part of the blame goes to him for not saying or doing anything about it.

You can't be serious? So now it's on CJ not the guards that he never touched the ball from the 8 minute mark to the last 30 seconds? Really. Worst question I've ever seen on this board. Did you watch the game and see how unstoppable CJ was?

Read my response. It's not CJ's fault. But it's also not 100% MCW and Triche's fault either. If Fair is supposed to be the go-to guy that we all think he is, he shouldn't let himself just disappear from the game for stretches like that. The entire team, himself and Boeheim included, are all partially to blame. I think it's unfair and too simple to just blame the guards because they aren't passing him the ball.

He'd be an All-American this year if our guards didn't take 25 shots a game and shoot 25% from the field.
Agree completely. He's got to be one of the most consistent and complete players in America this year. He could absolutely sneak onto, say, the 3rd Team this season, I think, depending on how we (and he) finish out the year.

Read my response. It's not CJ's fault. But it's also not 100% MCW and Triche's fault either.

I absolutely and positively disagree, they didn't have an answer for CJ and MCW and BT had no business jacking up shots in that situation. NONE. Georgetown went to the well but our backcourt didn't.

I've said this in another thread:

CJ doesn't seem like the type of kid, but he needs to, and has every right, get in the guards face's at some point and, simply, tell them to CHILL THE F OUT.

Players are allowed to critique and motivate eachother. Happens at all levels. If there was ever a time, it is now. CJ is the leader we need

I've said this in another thread:

CJ doesn't seem like the type of kid, but he needs to, and has every right, get in the guards face's at some point and, simply, tell them to CHILL THE F OUT.

Players are allowed to critique and motivate eachother. Happens at all levels. If there was ever a time, it is now. CJ is the leader we need

I can't believe I'm reading these posts. It's up to the guards to feed the hot hand. Porter didn't have to call for the ball, JHC.

I can't believe I'm reading these posts. It's up to the guards to feed the hot hand. Porter didn't have to call for the ball, JHC.

So...are you agreeing or disagreeing with me here?

On the topic about getting the ball to Fair in the last 8 minutes when our guards were playing so poorly. I believe some of the blame also falls on Jimmy B. As much as we have got on the guards tonight, why is Jimmy B not settling them down and either A) drawing plays solely for Fair or B) telling his players to feed him the ball instead of jacking up bad outside shots. They are in the middle of the game and may not be thinking clearly. This is where Jim needs to be a calming presence and tell the guards to settle down. Instead they continued to do the same thing after every timeout. CJ was scoring at will, they didn't have an answer for him. We all know the danger spots of the zone, the free throw line and the short corners. Every team puts their players in these positions. Why are we not putting CJ in those spots more. He can hit that shot if they dont contest or dish it off when the center steps to him. He should be your prototypical zone buster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom