Is DaJuan Coleman redshirting this year? | Syracusefan.com

Is DaJuan Coleman redshirting this year?

Dave85

Living Legend
Does anyone know if there's a cutoff date fore DC to redshirt this year? Does anyone know what the rules are about this? Is it based on the number of games he has play so far which is zero?

Does anyone know if there's a cutoff date fore DC to redshirt this year? Does anyone know what the rules are about this? Is it based on the number of games he has play so far which is zero?
I believe at this point in time if he plays at least one minute between now and the end of the season he cannot be considered a redshirt. However if he gets reinjured, he might be able to apply for an additional season.

If he doesn't play this season, he's redshirting.

If he plays against FSU in two weeks, or anytime after the FSU game, he can't redshirt.

He can apply for a medical hardship waiver as long as he doesn't play more than 30% of the games, and all of the games have to be during the 1st half of the season. The actual NCAA rule is 12.8.4.

Boeheim said last week that he's "probably" going to redshirt, which means he's redshirting for sure, IMO.

Boeheim said last week that he's "probably" going to redshirt, which means he's redshirting for sure, IMO.
I wonder if the potential postseason ban has any influence on this.

I wonder if the potential postseason ban has any influence on this.
Even if we do get banned, it wouldn't be for this season...the NCAA doesn't enact anything that quickly.

It probably doesn't mean anything, but it's looked like the last couple of games he's been in uniform (or at least in warmup gear), whereas for the first several weeks he had always just been in (very dapper, stylish) street clothes while on the bench

It probably doesn't mean anything, but it's looked like the last couple of games he's been in uniform (or at least in warmup gear), whereas for the first several weeks he had always just been in (very dapper, stylish) street clothes while on the bench

Yes, I had been loaning some of my sweaters for game days, but he hasn't called to ask for one in a while. At first i thought he was refraining out of concern for the neck holes, but I realize now it was because of the warm ups.

I could be wrong, but he looks to still have a limp when he walks. They showed him after the Cornell game going through the line to shake hands and it looked like he had a limp. It could just be his pimp walk tho

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom