Is Doug Marrone | Syracusefan.com

Is Doug Marrone

Cuse Action

2nd String
a liar, and are his actions the norm for a coach when he leaves a college job, especially his alma mater that he cares about so much? Do we as fans have a right to be angry, or are we holding him to an unrealistic standard?

I am not happy for him to leave now. But I will not call him a liar and don't believe he is lying.

a liar, and are his actions the norm for a coach when he leaves a college job, especially his alma mater that he cares about so much? Do we as fans have a right to be angry, or are we holding him to an unrealistic standard?

I was in the camp that wasn't that upset over him leaving from the respect of him bailing on us. I understood it and felt that the "dream job" comments were 4 years ago and a lot can change, specifically the idea that he may have felt NFL head coach was a long shot at the time. However, I do believe fans have every right to be upset. He made statements that were unnecessary to make, regarding putting the team in the best position to succeed in the future. He very well could have said I wish the program luck. He tried to look like a hero on the way out the door, and in effect out unecessary attention on himself and his assistant coaches. He effectively pillaged the coaching staff, and put his friend HCSS in a tough spot.

If you have real questions about fans reactions, ask yourself how you perceived Rich Rodrigues leaving WVU? That may offer some clarity with out orang colored glasses. It always hurts more when it is an alumni. The only difference is RR had a top 10 team during that season and we might be 35.

Good thing u started a new thread for this question. The other 6 threads were becoming stale.

Having now read what CTO, Bees and Orangeyes have to say on the "People dissing Marrone, Hackett" thread, I can say that without a doubt I find Doug Marrone to be ethically challenged. I never liked working with ethically challenged people and did my best not to hire such folk. They might make the big sale now and then but in the end they will screw you.

read through the threads. Take it from Bees, CTO, and the rest of us who know with certainty he's a flat out hypocrital liar. Plain and simple. The theme is not that anyone holds against him moving on to further his ambition (no one should) but the way he's lied all the way through it. The means to his ends sucks, not the end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom