Is Ennis a Lottery Selection? | Syracusefan.com

Is Ennis a Lottery Selection?

Will Tyler Ennis be drafted in the lottery (selection 1-14) in the upcoming NBA Draft?

• Yes

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 10 62.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AlpoTitan

Walk On
Here is my list of Ennis' competition in the draft based on the listings from various mock drafts. I think he may fall out of the lottery but a lot depends on how the process works out from here. He has been a great player for us, and I hope he has a great NBA career.

Unlikely Ennis Taken Before

1. Andrew Wiggins
  2. Jabari Parker
  3. Joel Embiid
  4. Julius Randle
  5. Dante Exum
  6. Marcus Smart
  7. Noah Vonleh
  8. Aaron Gordon
If a GM, take Ennis before?
  1. Gary Harris
  2. Rodney Hood
  3. Doug McDermott
  4. TJ Warren
  5. Kyle Anderson
  6. Willie Cauley Stein
  7. Nik Stauskas
  8. Montrezl Harrel
  9. Adreian Payne
  10. Cleanthony Early
Other point guard competition
  1. Elfrid Payton
  2. Shabazz Napier
  3. Russ Smith
  4. Andrew Harrison
  5. Scottie Wilbekin
  6. Zach LaVine
Seven foreign players (no college) taken in 1st round in 2013, and the current mock drafts seem to predominantly list US college players (few exceptions).

After the Top 8, all those guys have just as many question marks as Ennis. It all depends on need and Ennis is one of the few talented pure point guards in this draft.

At pick No 6 someone could have Ennis, Vonleh and Smart left on the board along with the rest of your list but their need is a Point Guard. Ennis could go there or he could fall to late Lottery but I don't think he falls out of the Lottery.

His dad is in tight with agents and scouts so i'd say no way they go if they weren't getting good info

I say he goes somewhere in the range of 6-12

Unlikely Ennis Taken Before

1. Andrew Wiggins
  2. Jabari Parker
  3. Joel Embiid
  4. Julius Randle
  5. Dante Exum
  6. Marcus Smart
  7. Noah Vonleh
  8. Aaron Gordon
If a GM, take Ennis before?
  1. Gary Harris
  2. Rodney Hood
  3. Doug McDermott
  4. TJ Warren
  5. Kyle Anderson
  6. Willie Cauley Stein
  7. Nik Stauskas
  8. Montrezl Harrel
  9. Adreian Payne
  10. Cleanthony Early
Other point guard competition
  1. Elfrid Payton
  2. Shabazz Napier
  3. Russ Smith
  4. Andrew Harrison
  5. Scottie Wilbekin
  6. Zach LaVine
Seven foreign players (no college) taken in 1st round in 2013, and the current mock drafts seem to predominantly list US college players (few exceptions).
I bolded everyone that will definitely go ahead of Ennis. I crossed out everyone that will not go ahead of Ennis (virtually no chance).

So there's 7 that will definitely go ahead of Ennis. There's 5 guys that Ennis is probably in the same "group" with; so yeah I'd say it's safe he goes in the lotto.

You have to remember to figure in the needs of each team

The higher the teams are that need a PG the higher Ennis will go

PG order is clear in my mind Exum, Smart then Ennis

With the help of http://www.dcprosportsreport.com/NBAMocks.htm (some compilation site I found on the internet), I was able to get links to some recent mock draft reports. I am certain some are much less in touch than others -- some I have never heard of and are probably just random people.

But here are the rankings of Ennis I found on those posted in the last week.

LA Times - #8
NBA Draft Room - #6
NBA Draft Net (User Consensus) - #18
The NFL Report - #21
Draft Express - #14
Pick and Pop - #10
The Football Spot - #18
We Talk Fantasy Sports - #15
NBA Draft Net - #18
Walter Football - #12
Sports Bank - #12
My NBA Draft - #10
NBA Draft Insider - #12
Standing O Sports - #12

14 Rankings
Range 6-21
Lotto 8
Non-Lotto 6
Median 12
Average 13

I bolded everyone that will definitely go ahead of Ennis. I crossed out everyone that will not go ahead of Ennis (virtually no chance).

So there's 7 that will definitely go ahead of Ennis. There's 5 guys that Ennis is probably in the same "group" with; so yeah I'd say it's safe he goes in the lotto.

Many that you crossed out (maybe not at the PG) have a legit shot of going ahead of Ennis. It's a toss up in those cases, IMO.

Many that you crossed out (maybe not at the PG) have a legit shot of going ahead of Ennis. It's a toss up in those cases, IMO.
I assume you're talking about guys like Warren, Anthony, and Kyle Anderson?

I assume you're talking about guys like Warren, Anthony, and Kyle Anderson?

+ Stein, + Stauskas, + Levine.

The middle of the lotto to the middle of the first is still a little muddy in my view.

If the Celtics are looking to deal Rondo at all you think they would look to take Ennis? I think Ennis success will be about where he lands if he goes to an organization like the Spurs, Celtics versus the timberwolves or bobcats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom