Is it about the wins record? | Syracusefan.com

Is it about the wins record?

orangenauburn

2023 Cali Award Average Attendance
Can't be right?

He is not catching K, being 88 short, unless he ran off three last years being 30+ win seasons.

Bill Self is probably most likely active coach who could catch Jim for second, though he'd have to coach another 15+ years and average 23 wins a year to do so.

So I think we can eliminate that.

I think it's simply, he has known Syracuse Basketball for nearly 60 years.

It's the fear of the after that keeps him going.

I agree. I think he can't fathom a life without being coach here.

I disagree.
He can indeed fathom it - he lived it for 9 games during his suspension.

And it terrified him.

He literally doesn't know of his life without Syracuse basketball being all of it.

Is it about the wins record?​

i've said this for years. he's become mad ahab chasing his white whale and is willing to sink his ship and crew doing so.

Last edited:
Yep he to scared to take the next step, and as we have seen he is unwilling to take that step. So, he needs to be forced to. Otherwise he will lie, he will manipulate, and do whatever he needs to in order to stay.

Yep he to scared to take the next step, and as we have seen he is unwilling to take that step. So, he needs to be forced to. Otherwise he will lie, he will manipulate, and do whatever he needs to in order to stay.

All very human things to do when you are of a certain age and fearful. Its an awful and difficult thing but it also becomes a necessity for the wellbeing of that person. Whether you have lived through it for our cuse old timers or are going through it or soon will with an older parent.. it just sucks and everyone's reality is a little different. In many cases the mind is still sharp as a tack too which adds another layer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom