Is it bad that I'm pissed off? | Syracusefan.com

Is it bad that I'm pissed off?

A Clockwork Orange

2022 Cali Winner (Overall Record)
Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for that win, I'm ALWAYS happy for the win, but come on. At HOME against NC State? Play that way against Duke or UVA and we're losing by 20. That was an absolutely pathetic performance tonight, among a string of sub par performances throughout the last couple of weeks.

This team needs to get their head on straight, because it gets a lot more difficult from here on out. I hope they play up to and down to the quality of their opponents, as coach said, because they have been playing down for a while now (really ever since the Duke game).

Amen. I love this team but you play like that in the tournament and it's early exitville.

I really, really think CJ was under the weather tonight. He has never played that bad all season so have to give him a pass but at least he had the game winning lay-up.

Thank you Rak!

I agree. NOBODY can come in here and say "wahh stop complaining we got the W".

This was an awful effort tonight for a good portion of the game. Of course I'm jacked up we got the win. But we have PLENTY to improve on.

I really, really think CJ was under the weather tonight. He has never played that bad all season so have to give him a pass but at least he had the game winning lay-up.

Thank you Rak!

He was worse against Notre Dame IMO, but this was easily the second worst.

I agree. NOBODY can come in here and say "wahh stop complaining we got the W".

This was an awful effort tonight for a good portion of the game. Of course I'm jacked up we got the win. But we have PLENTY to improve on.

Oh, I bet we'll get plenty of those posts.

We're borderline elite at almost every position in the starting lineup yet we sleepwalk against mediocre teams and have trouble scoring until we decide we actually need to score.

This team acts like it knows its good and can turn it on at anytime. They need to develop a killer instinct against the scrub teams.

Case and point, I felt confident about our Duke game because I knew we'd play well. Same as how I feel against them again...and UVA. However who knows what kind of shenanigans we'll pull against everyone else if this mindset doesn't change.

Fair was pretty bad against Pitt too, other than the last 2:00.

Tonight, his rebounding was worse than his shooting

I am estatic we won!!! If our worst game of the season is a win like this I will take it!
Man its ugly college basketball day, its not just us.

Last night too, might be a V-day thing. Maybe all players got their ladies the right thing.

Thank you Rak!
CJ a step slow, must have had a poor night's sleep. Rak was huge.

Oh, I bet we'll get plenty of those posts.
For a very good reason too I might add. Sorry to p!ss on the whiners. Well not really, but the team is tired and looks it. They have beat Duke, Pitt at Pitt, Clemson at Clemson and we are playing "down" to the competition.

Here's my take. The other teams want to win too. We're #1 and they came at us psyched with nothing to lose. They lose, we win.

I for one, am very happy with that. We also need Keita back to give Rak some minutes off as well as the forwards.

Sorry that I have nothing negative to add. I'm just mostly a positive person and look for realities (did you ever think of us as undefeated anywhere near this point?), and positives , such as Keita's return.

For a very good reason too I might add. Sorry to p!ss on the whiners. Well not really, but the team is tired and looks it. They have beat Duke, Pitt at Pitt, Clemson at Clemson and we are playing "down" to the competition.

Here's my take. The other teams want to win too. We're #1 and they came at us psyched with nothing to lose. They lose, we win.

I for one, am very happy with that. We also need Keita back to give Rak some minutes off as well as the forwards.

Sorry that I have nothing negative to add. I'm just mostly a positive person and look for realities (did you ever think of us as undefeated anywhere near this point?), and positives , such as Keita's return.
Don't get me wrong Paul, I'm happy we're 25-0. Concerned that this team is playing with fire too often, and you're right, I do think they're tired, and that's playing into it. Hope they can come out of this shooting slump, and start playing well offensively down the stretch.

"Realities", huh?

That game at Clemson was a doozy, wasn't it?

"Realities", huh?

That game at Clemson was a doozy, wasn't it?
Apparently you don't follow college basketball. Again realities. Try to find what their record was at their place this season when we arrived.

Reality. As soon as someone didn't whine with you ,your reply was well lets close the thread , blah,blah, blah. I am very glad our team doesn't quit at the first sign of adversity like that. Do you have any clue how tough it is to be undefeated at this time of year? Is it supposed to be a given or something?

If you want honest discussion then do so. Just put facts and not your fantasies out front.

And did you expect us to be 25 and 0? I sure didn't and I'm stunned and glad the reality is that it is 25 and 0. Most teams in a slump lose. That is reality.

So yes, realities.

Apparently you don't follow college basketball. Again realities. Try to find what their record was at their place this season when we arrived.

Reality. As soon as someone didn't whine with you ,your reply was well lets close the thread , blah,blah, blah. I am very glad our team doesn't quit at the first sign of adversity like that. Do you have any clue how tough it is to be undefeated at this time of year? Is it supposed to be a given or something?

If you want honest discussion then do so. Just put facts and not your fantasies out front.

And did you expect us to be 25 and 0? I sure didn't and I'm stunned and glad the reality is that it is 25 and 0. Most teams in a slump lose. That is reality.

So yes, realities.

Remind me again, when did we play at Clemson?

If you're happy with the team's play tonight, them good for you. Nothing wrong with embracing mediocrity.

Remind me again, when did we play at Clemson?

If you're happy with the team's play tonight, them good for you. Nothing wrong with embracing mediocrity.
I don't. I don't embrace whining posts either. I embrace 25 -0. I embrace playing through slumps and winning. I embrace being number one in the country. Did I miss anything?

And it was Wake Forest. I do recall that it was still a victory, so what is your point? Is it, we have a very severely flawed team and your are pissed? I got that. Too bad for you then.

Backtrack some more.

WF, Clemson, same thing, right? And I'm the one who doesn't follow college basketball.

Sorry if I struck a nerve. Have a good night.

Duke sucks. They were within one inside shot rolling off the rim from losing at home to an even worse MD.

It happens.

also having been spoiled at the ft line last few games we struggled in the final minutes tonite and it almost cost us. good thing rak was money.

I am certainly a bit frustrated. These games wouldn't bother me if we SOMETIMES just took somebody to the woodshed. But since VTech we've let these teams hang around every time. Eventually someone will hit a three at the wrong moment and we'll lose one. Hope its not in the tourny.

Backtrack some more.

WF, Clemson, same thing, right? And I'm the one who doesn't follow college basketball.

Sorry if I struck a nerve. Have a good night.
Struck what nerve? One backtrack. I have enough honesty to admit when I make a minor error (wrong team but same result, so yes, same thing). You are grasping for straws here. I did have a good night. Sorry you couldn't enjoy it for what it was.

You did miss the entire rest of the picture I presented. Perhaps you just want to ignore it. But when you find 25-0 as mediocrity…..well… that pretty much says it all.

You deserve what you get for this thread. At least for the way you are playing it. You don't want to accept any thoughts but that this team pisses you off. I find that to be a sad way to look at this team.

SarasotaPaul said:
Struck what nerve? One backtrack. I have enough honesty to admit when I make a minor error (wrong team but same result, so yes, same thing). You are grasping for straws here. I did have a good night. Sorry you couldn't enjoy it for what it was. You did miss the entire rest of the picture I presented. Perhaps you just want to ignore it. But when you find 25-0 as mediocrity…..well… that pretty much says it all. You deserve what you get for this thread. At least for the way you are playing it. You don't want to accept any thoughts but that this team pisses you off. I find that to be a sad way to look at this team.

Chill, guys. We're all SU fans. We need to remember that.

i get it. it's always great to win but when you've played lousy it somewhat tarnishes the luster. flip side is that while losses hurt if i feel the team played really well it alleviates the sting. as i offered up in the plenty o-toole parable below. question is would you rather be lucky than good?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom