Is it going to be an upsetting day? (Feb 8) | Syracusefan.com

Is it going to be an upsetting day? (Feb 8)

jncuse

I brought the Cocaine to the White House
At the half

Vtech 26 at #25 Pitt 27
#20 Virginia 29 at Georgia Tech 30
Alabama 36 at #3 Florida 36

acc.jpg

If Virgina and Pitt both lose it would be huge for us!!

UNC comfortably ahead by 14 at ND. They seem to be back on track with their likely 5th win in a row. Not great wins, but what it need to do to get in the tourney.

Apparently some ACC coaches who have played both us and Virginia told random ACC Network announcer doing UVA/Tech game that UVA is the best team in the league...

Apparently some ACC coaches who have played both us and Virginia told random ACC Network announcer doing UVA/Tech game that UVA is the best team in the league...
Announcer said that the Pitt coaches told him Virginia is the best team

I think he said those were members of the Pitt staff. Must be bitter about our game

Pitt

Virginia Tech 39
Pitt 38

6 minutes to go. Win or lose, this is horrible. They were 19 point favourites.

Seems like the legit teams, have got their crap together in the 2nd half.

Pitt

Virginia Tech 39
Pitt 38

6 minutes to go. Win or lose, this is horrible. They were 19 point favourites.

Seems like the legit teams, have got their crap together in the 2nd half.
Seems like Pitt finally became the team everyone thought they were. Duke broke them.

Casually watching these games today, adds to what I'd been already feeling...
My gawd there are some poor basketball teams in the ACC this year. The general level of play is really lacking.

Georgia Tech is just awful. UVa not looking very good either but taking advantage of GT's many mistakes.

VTech up 2 with 1:40 to go. Lets go Hokies.

Pitt with back to back OT games against Miami and VTech.

Winning back to back OT games against these two would be about as impressive as winning the CBI.

Casually watching these games today, adds to what I'd been already feeling...
My gawd there are some poor basketball teams in the ACC this year. The general level of play is really lacking.
The college basketball landscape is filled with poor teams - overall some of the worst games I've seen in years.

UVA has basically killed every team they've played in the league, with the exception of a close loss at Duke and a 3 point win @Pitt.

You can make a pretty good argument that since ACC play started, they have outplayed us. But there is the issue of a 9-4 OOC, which included a 35 point loss to a good, but by no means great, Tennessee team.

As for the Pitt comment, I can buy Pitt saying it because they have played us forever and have barely played UVA, so I'm sure it was more difficult to prepare for UVA than SU for them.

Knicks411 said:
UVA has basically killed every team they've played in the league, with the exception of a close loss at Duke and a 3 point win @Pitt.

You can make a pretty good argument that since ACC play started, they have outplayed us. But there is the issue of a 9-4 OOC, which included a 35 point loss to a good, but by no means great, Tennessee team.

As for the Pitt comment, I can buy Pitt saying it because they have played us forever and have barely played UVA, so I'm sure it was more difficult to prepare for UVA than SU for them.

How have they outplayed us? syracuse hasn't lost a game. This syracuse team doesn't blow people out and probably won't for the rest of the regular season. They are what they are. There still is a game left to play them and Virginia is going to have more than 1 loss by the end of the regular season.

Iowa destroying Michigan - is Iowa going to be the next "best" team in the B10. Everyone gets a turn this year!!

How have they outplayed us? syracuse hasn't lost a game. This syracuse team doesn't blow people out and probably won't for the rest of the regular season. They are what they are. There still is a game left to play them and Virginia is going to have more than 1 loss by the end of the regular season.

The argument would be because they have a better scoring margin in league play and we haven't had to play at Pitt or at Duke yet. I'm not saying I'm making that argument, but it's one that has some merit to it.

They might not lose another game for the rest of the regular season, setting our trip down there aside. Toughest gane other than that is Clemson or @Maryland. I think if we're lucky they lose one of those 2. Our trip to Pitt is looking a little easier, especially with Patterson hurt, but I think we'll have a tough time winning the league outright if we can't win @UVA.

Iowa destroying Michigan - is Iowa going to be the next "best" team in the B10. Everyone gets a turn this year!!
All participants get a trophy - win or lose!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom