Is it Possible: WVU to ACC | Syracusefan.com

Is it Possible: WVU to ACC

arbitragegls

All Conference
WVU board has been in death watch for two weeks...SEC, Big 12...omg, not BE...but recently, past 2 days...lots of stuff on ACC...is it possible? From my standpoint I know academically it isnt a great fit...but from a sport teams competitiveness, rivalries, and location...why the hell not!

Hot rumor on the WVU board tonight is that they are in play with the ACC who desires to block either BigXII/SEC expansion into mid-Atlantic region. Based on more than one source. FWIW.

I for one, would love it.

They are the strongest team from both a FB & BB perspective in the current (read right now) BE.

They deserve better. Far prefer them to either UCONN or Rutgers.

Another case of WVU fans grasping at straws and making their own news.

The ACC is not going to expand until Notre Dame shows their cards why add WVU as a 15th team and not add a 16th team. The ACC is not going to expand and fill up before Notre Dame could join the conference. Only chance WVU would have is Florida State or Clemson went to the SEC which is unlikely as they would become medium fish in a big pond rather than large fish in a small pond. Wake Forest has beaten Florida State 4 of the last 6 times they played substitute Georgia, Tennessee, Florida, South Carolina, Alabama, Arkansas, Mississippi State for their current schedule and they can kiss their easy road to the BCS away.

West Virginia should send one of their teams to each league that their insiders rumor them to. B1G and Pac-12 better hurry or they'll get stuck with something basket weaving-ish.

It's only because the of Boston Globe article. Delusional fans read that UCONN's not getting in and they're thinking "Hey, there's room for us! We're next in line, right? Rutgers and us!"

That being said, until Luck mouthed off, I wanted them too. Now? I hope they wither and die. Screw 'em.

Hot rumor on the WVU board tonight is that they are in play with the ACC who desires to block either BigXII/SEC expansion into mid-Atlantic region. Based on more than one source. FWIW.
The WVU board is notorious for these kinds of rumors. Over the years, they have been wrong on just about everything under the sun.

The WVU board is notorious for these kinds of rumors. Over the years, they have been wrong on just about everything under the sun.
You mean that they didn't announce their move to the SEC just yesterday? IIRC, they claimed that was a "sure thing" just last week. :confused:

I obviously didn't look at every thread or post, but I don't see much of anything on any WVU board about the ACC nor anything in twitterland. Was it just 1 knuckleheads fantasy?

There was supposed to be a "Mountaineers - Welcome to the ACC" party last night at Jimmy's trailer...

But the refreshments never made it:

Obviously the ACC wants ND. That's a given. Beyond that, they need one of UConn or Buttgers to limit the B10 from grabbing more than a foothold in the NE. If the B10 has UConn, it's not a big deal. If the B10 has Buttgers, it's not a big deal. Having both would be an irritation to the ACC. Not saying the B10 would pick up both, but it's one possible scenario, especially if Missouri goes SEC.

As much as WVU adds quality football and solid BBall, I just don't see the ACC being too worried about losing their hold on the mid-Atlantic, unless they were to lose a Maryland or VT. And I just don't see that happening.

That really leaves WVU on the outside looking in, which is a shame because of all of the teams left in the BE, they are the one with which I would like to see SU remain aligned.