Is it vanity at this point? | Syracusefan.com

Is it vanity at this point?

CuseFaninVT

2023-24 Iggy Winner Leading Rebounder
Is JBs failure to substitute and develop other players all about his winning streak?

Is JBs failure to substitute and develop other players all about his winning streak?
Do you think playing Washington, Edwards and Goodine would help or hurt in general?

Do you think playing Washington, Edwards and Goodine would help or hurt in general?

I truly believe that them buying guys 2 mins per half would help both the guys getting a quick break as well as the young guys gaining a bit of experience in conference play. Maybe I'm underestimating the damage they could do in that small timeframe with our minuscule margin for error but the Ls are piling up as is ao the future is all that matters at this point.

I truly believe that them buying guys 2 mins per half would help both the guys getting a quick break as well as the young guys gaining a bit of experience in conference play. Maybe I'm underestimating the damage they could do in that small timeframe with our minuscule margin for error but the Ls are piling up as is ao the future is all that matters at this point.
Agreed. I guess it matters what the philosophy is regarding winning vs developing. It seems pretty bleak for us fans but I‘m sure the coaching staff is still playing to win every game.

Agreed. I guess it matters what the philosophy is regarding winning vs developing. It seems pretty bleak for us fans but I‘m sure the coaching staff is still playing to win every game.

Guess when you get to the point where your future isn't guaranteed then you just start worrying about today. Guess that is the mindset he's had the past few years and is just now running guys into the ground and not worrying about development.

I don’t see how it could hurt , especially in the long term. I keep wondering why HW didn’t come in at all. Like others have said, being specific to this year, and I’m not predicting how many games we win , this is just an example.-I’d rather win 3 more games this year and try to develop those guys some rather than win say 6-8 more games with the shorter rotation.

I think Guerrier is the "development player" he is playing. That being said I consider everybody except Hughes a development player.

Honestly not playing Washington like ten minutes a game makes no sense to me. He doesn't turn the ball over and is a better defender than JG3 by a good amount. He is not the shooter or offensive player JG3 is but so what. 5 minutes each half and get Buddy and JG3 some rest. We should also be playing Eli up there with marek and Quincy on the wings but whatever there is no point in wanting things I will never have.

wrong question. it doesn't matter.

Honestly not playing Washington like ten minutes a game makes no sense to me. He doesn't turn the ball over and is a better defender than JG3 by a good amount. He is not the shooter or offensive player JG3 is but so what. 5 minutes each half and get Buddy and JG3 some rest. We should also be playing Eli up there with marek and Quincy on the wings but whatever there is no point in wanting things I will never have.

it makes no sense not playing everyone who is here long term. i mean What is the point? don't play the guys who arent completely ready cause you will lose by 10 instead of 4? this is getting to be just ridiculous.

We should be playing anyone that we think we may need to rely on next season or the season after. If we expect to use them next season they should be getting at least 10 minutes a game and it's JB's job to figure out how to do that without having the wheels come off. C'mon man wake the and coach!!

it makes no sense not playing everyone who is here long term. i mean What is the point? don't play the guys who arent completely ready cause you will lose by 10 instead of 4? this is getting to be just ridiculous.

Because we're going to annihilate the record books on threes?

I'm not sure what we're doing. We recruit tweeners, and used to do it quite well, but as the bench thinned, we seem to just cater to whomever is most ready to contribute right away. I'm not even sure if it's that though, perhaps just the least shaky potatoes and everyone else rots. I remain somewhat befuddled regarding how our coaches are so ill-equipped to get these guys to the point where they can't play a minute with how bad we look this season. It's rather impressive.

Anyway, just seems like if we put the square peg in the round hole and it doesn't immediately fit (most notably with pseudo-PGs) we just bash away and try to make them fit until they break.

I just don’t think our coaching staff can put together a competitive game plan anymore, or make meaningful adjustments.

I just don’t think our coaching staff can put together a competitive game plan anymore, or make meaningful adjustments.

I think my favorite moment of the game was when we came out of the timeout after losing the lead, and the announcer said, "Coming out of the timeout you know Syracuse has drawn up a play on this one."

I was thinking we were going to get another pop out to the lane, and a quick lob for a dunk, or something...….something exciting...and I think we just had Eli take three dribbles and then an off-balance contested long two early in the shot clock.

Announcer got me all excited for that? Shameful!

I think my favorite moment of the game was when we came out of the timeout after losing the lead, and the announcer said, "Coming out of the timeout you know Syracuse has drawn up a play on this one."

I was thinking we were going to get another pop out to the lane, and a quick lob for a dunk, or something...….something exciting...and I think we just had Eli take three dribbles and then an off-balance contested long two early in the shot clock.

Announcer got me all excited for that? Shameful!
X’s and o’s havent been visible in years. In his time, JB was as as great as the rest of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom