Is MCW best distributor since Sims? | Syracusefan.com

Is MCW best distributor since Sims?

JoeyZ

Walk On
I'm not trying to overhype someone, but I really feel like I've seen Carter-Williams get guys more shots in these last two games in easier ways than anyone I can remember since Lazarus Sims. From Sims, you have Hart, Griffin, GMac, Edelin, Flynn, and Scoop as the competition to the statement, and I'm not sure anyone there is the creator for open shots that I'm seeing in MCW. Granted, its not Big East competition yet, but is there a chance that he averages 7+ assists for the whole year? If so, the only guys in SU history to average 7+ in a season are Sherman, Z, and Pearl.

He might be. He's at least on par with Edelin.

He's not pounding the rock into the court all the time. Doing things with a purpose and always scanning around. He's going to be a stat stuffer all year.

He's certainly got the best court vision since Edelin, and Edelin was the best since Z in that department.

Great comparison Joey. The only difference between Z and MCW is that MCW is a better scorer.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I'm not trying to overhype someone, but I really feel like I've seen Carter-Williams get guys more shots in these last two games in easier ways than anyone I can remember since Lazarus Sims. From Sims, you have Hart, Griffin, GMac, Edelin, Flynn, and Scoop as the competition to the statement, and I'm not sure anyone there is the creator for open shots that I'm seeing in MCW. Granted, its not Big East competition yet, but is there a chance that he averages 7+ assists for the whole year? If so, the only guys in SU history to average 7+ in a season are Sherman, Z, and Pearl.
Agreed, he is going to get a lot of double digit assist games. Playing 35 or more minutes every game will help him too. I expect him to make a run at the most assists in a season record for Syracuse...

Great comparison Joey. The only difference between Z and MCW is that MCW is a better scorer.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
I think he is someone who enjoys scoring more. Z could score when he wanted/was needed. Think about all the clutch shots he hit.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

I think he is someone who enjoys scoring more. Z could score when he wanted/was needed. Think about all the clutch shots he hit.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Drexel and Georgia in particular.

My son had a serious guy crush on Andy Rautins. Still does- follows his every move and keeps a picture of himself with Andy on his desk. He's now almost 13, and ready to move on, and I'm glad he has less competition for MCW.

In time, my friend, you'll learn to love again.

It's just so refreshing to see him play the point. I love Scoop, Dion and Triche... but, MCW just puts so much pressure on the defense, seemingly at all times. He doesn't just sit 40 feet from the basket and pound it for no reason.