"Is that S for Syracuse?" | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

"Is that S for Syracuse?"

Pre pandemic I was was waiting at the deli counter for my number to be called when a man next to me noticed my lax jacket and asked if I had a family member who played. I told him I had played and anticipated the next question being had I played with Jim Brown. Instead, he frowned and said he didn't know they played that long ago. I laughed and admitted it was a few hundred years ago, but yes, they played then and long before that. He shook his head in amazement and said he never knew that. He then asked how I enjoyed my time there. When I told him I enjoyed it very much, he agreed it was a wonderful school and asked when I graduated from Archbishop Stepinac. Totally confused, when I told him I never went there he pointed to the orange block S on my jacket and said isn't that Stepinac?
If you google the Archbishop Stepinac web site you'll see a picture of the football field with an exact duplicate of our S at midfield.
I wonder if it might have had some influence on Trill Williams during his recruitment.

Pre pandemic I was was waiting at the deli counter for my number to be called when a man next to me noticed my lax jacket and asked if I had a family member who played. I told him I had played and anticipated the next question being had I played with Jim Brown. Instead, he frowned and said he didn't know they played that long ago. I laughed and admitted it was a few hundred years ago, but yes, they played then and long before that. He shook his head in amazement and said he never knew that. He then asked how I enjoyed my time there. When I told him I enjoyed it very much, he agreed it was a wonderful school and asked when I graduated from Archbishop Stepinac. Totally confused, when I told him I never went there he pointed to the orange block S on my jacket and said isn't that Stepinac?
If you google the Archbishop Stepinac web site you'll see a picture of the football field with an exact duplicate of our S at midfield.
I wonder if it might have had some influence on Trill Williams during his recruitment.
I work in White Plains and I'm always squinting my eyes at car stickers/magnets to see if its a Orange Cuse "S" or a Stepinac Red "S".