Is the ACC overrated this year? | Syracusefan.com

Is the ACC overrated this year?

Cusefan0307

Red recruits the ACC!
I know it's early, but the conference collectively isn't looking good in the non conference. UK had a relatively easy time with Duke. UVA lost to a mid major. Louisville replaced just about everyone, and they are playing a week schedule.

I'm still not sold on UNC, they can't shoot outside of Paige. I guess we can see what we do next week, and take a look at the tournaments, but I haven't seen any great team play yet in this conference until today. I actually think Miami might be the best team in the league. They beat Miss St 105-76 today.

Does Unc return both their bigs? If so I would have much much preferred Duke twice this year.
Meeks was about at a push with Rak it was their other PF that killed us on top of it.

Last edited:
The league will be fine. Losing to Kentucky is not a big deal.

I know it's early, but the conference collectively isn't looking good in the non conference. UK had a relatively easy time with Duke. UVA lost to a mid major. Louisville replaced just about everyone, and they are playing a week schedule.

I'm still not sold on UNC, they can't shoot outside of Paige. I guess we can see what we do next week, and take a look at the tournaments, but I haven't seen any great team play yet in this conference until today. I actually think Miami might be the best team in the league. They beat Miss St 105-76 today.

You may have a point. Hopefully, our schedule will turn out weaker than it looks!

This Duke team has younger players than UK (amazingly), and a higher ceiling IMHO. K lost arguably the two most dominant players in college hoops from last year, Okafor and Winslow. Plus they lost an amazing PG. This Duke team will be solid come March. Maybe better than UK. Of course UK will play another lousy conference schedule, as will Kansas, which means they won't leave the top 5 all year. They will be guaranteed a great seed in the dance. Duke won't be any lower than a 2 seed in March. Bank on it.

I wonder what UK's strength of schedule would look like if they didn't play the strong non-conference teams they do?

Yeah, but UNC really got it going second half of the season despite their shooting woes. They had so many good ballhandlers as well as those big guys in the paint. Paige, Tokoto, Britt, Theo Pinson all could handle the ball and drive well. Something we seem to always struggle with. I think the ACC will be strong.

This Duke team has younger players than UK (amazingly), and a higher ceiling IMHO. K lost arguably the two most dominant players in college hoops from last year, Okafor and Winslow. Plus they lost an amazing PG. This Duke team will be solid come March. Maybe better than UK. Of course UK will play another lousy conference schedule, as will Kansas, which means they won't leave the top 5 all year. They will be guaranteed a great seed in the dance. Duke won't be any lower than a 2 seed in March. Bank on it.

I think I disagree with this. The U.K. Backcourt is insane with Elis, Murray, and Briscoe. I don't think Duke can match that. I like UK's freshman more IMO. The Duke veterans are solid, but we know what they are, and it looks like that's who they are going to have to count on. Brandan Ingram looks like a talented player, but I'm not sure if his skill level is high enough to have the requisite impact in college this year.

I know nobody wants UK to be good, but I like the way Cal built this team more than last years team. The have an abundance of shooting and ball handling. Murray is sooo good. He carried the Fiba Canadian team this summer and that team had NBA players on it.

I think I disagree with this. The U.K. Backcourt is insane with Elis, Murray, and Briscoe. I don't think Duke can match that. I like UK's freshman more IMO. The Duke veterans are solid, but we know what they are, and it looks like that's who they are going to have to count on. Brandan Ingram looks like a talented player, but I'm not sure if his skill level is high enough to have the requisite impact in college this year.

I know nobody wants UK to be good, but I like the way Cal built this team more than last years team. The have an abundance of shooting and ball handling. Murray is sooo good. He carried the Fiba Canadian team this summer and that team had NBA players on it.

Agreed. Probably the best 3-guard lineup in the country. Might not even be close.

orange79 said:
Maybe. Fla St just lost to Hofstra.

Wow.

And that's a pretty good FSU team.

I wonder what UK's strength of schedule would look like if they didn't play the strong non-conference teams they do?

It would be horrible. They know the SEC is a joke so that that's UK schedules that way.

Duke is really young, not shocked at all that they lost to UK, they will get a lot better fast, I think Uva might be a little overrated, and I think we might be a bit underrated.

acc is overated imho and the ivy league is underated. yale handled lehigh better than we did

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom