Is the APR set up perfectly for one and done programs like Kentucky? | Syracusefan.com

Is the APR set up perfectly for one and done programs like Kentucky?

Shermthegeneral

Starter
We all question pay pal cal and think he is doing something shady the way he consistently loses players to the draft after only one year.
I played JUCO bball years ago but I'm sure the rules haven't changed that much.
The reason I say the APR sets up perfectly for a program like UK is they are 95% sure they only have to get a kid to complete and pass his freshman year. IMO, this is super easy! The biggest part of it is getting the kid to finish his second semester, kids have to complete their first semesters worth of work even to play in the spring so they are focused on those fall classes. If you front load their work in the fall and give them an easy spring, their shouldn't be a reason not to pass. As a freshman, you are allowed to take all sorts of easy classes that don't even have exams! I know when I played ball, we got either 1 or 2 credit hours for playing bball and that is an easy 4.0, throw in an art class and a couple other easy ones and their done.

At a program like Kentucky, it's easier to have a kid for one year and he goes pro or push him out after their Frosh year than to do it the right way.

Yes, it is. Cal is working the system perfectly. As long as his one hit wonders finish their school requirements, everything is good. Now if the NCAA moves to a GPR, a Graduation Progress Rating, Cal's system would become extinct over night and he'd probably go back to the NBA.

Yes, it is. Cal is working the system perfectly. As long as his one hit wonders finish their school requirements, everything is good. Now if the NCAA moves to a GPR, a Graduation Progress Rating, Cal's system would become extinct over night and he'd probably go back to the NBA.
I heard he just hired his lady friend to help with that.

Yes, at my school, and most schools I'd imagine, you need 120 credits to graduate, or 15 per semester. You only need to take 12 credits to be considered a full time student.

So,

1) take 12 credits (an academic joke) make sure they're all 101 BS classes,
2) ?????????
3) Profit!!!

Ok, so where can we lobby to get that system rolling?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom